Windows 10: Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games

Discus and support Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So in early august I had to restart my laptop because it didn't feel like fully waking up from hybrid sleep. I turn it on and am met for a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thjBug, Aug 25, 2020.

1. thjBug Win User

Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games

So in early august I had to restart my laptop because it didn't feel like fully waking up from hybrid sleep. I turn it on and am met for a black screen for around 5 or so minutes before I decide to restart it again. Then I figure out that windows is updating so I let it do that. When I finally come back, I boot up a game and immediately notice that my FPS is lower than it should be. I try around with some other games and am met with the same result. I'm not sure if windows update caused this or something else entirely, but it's a really annoying issue that I don't know how to fix.

:)

thjBug, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Squirty33 Win User

Request: Higher framerate for games

Aaah, yes, you're definitely right that the performance depends on the developer: I was behind the times and thought that the framerate was still limited to 30 fps by the operating system/XNA framework. Turns out that the framerate can now be increased
    up to 60 fps:

"The XNA Framework on Windows Phone OS 7.1 supports the native device refresh rate, up to 60 Hz. If you set the
    PresentationParameters.PresentationInterval property to
    PresentInterval.One, then the PresentInterval.One value is used, targeting the native device refresh rate."

Source: Changed APIs for Windows Phone OS 7.1

I'll make sure to pass a message on to Half Brick... Hopefully they'll update their game to run at 60 fps soon!

Thanks!

Squirty33, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Aug 25, 2020
  4. mcd6288 Win User

1809 update + Geforce driver 416.16 youtube framerate tanks

I have youtube open, playing a video(fullscreen or not produces the same result), and a game open if windowed borderless. while in the game, the video framerate tanks to 3-5 fps. videos played normally before the updates. need a fix, googling my issue only brings up game framerate issues not youtube framerate issues.

mcd6288, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games - Similar Threads - update caused decreased

2. Decreased gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  3. Decreased gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  4. Decreased game performance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decreased game performance in Windows 11: Hello all! I have recently installed Windows 11, after installing it, my games perform horribly. I get stutters and lag spikes way too often, I've followed almost every guide and video there is and the issue still persists. I have the latest NVIDIA GeForce drivers for my GPU,...
  5. Decreased game performance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decreased game performance in Windows 11: Hello all! I have recently installed Windows 11, after installing it, my games perform horribly. I get stutters and lag spikes way too often, I've followed almost every guide and video there is and the issue still persists. I have the latest NVIDIA GeForce drivers for my GPU,...
  6. My framerate is good but games keep freezing briefly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My framerate is good but games keep freezing briefly: Hi folks.For example, when I run GTA 5 using Steam I get an average of about 60 fps with my Lenovo Ideapad Y700 laptop which I believe is about 5 years old now, but every now and then the game freezes briefly which makes it quite unplayable. It used to run really well but it...
  7. Old games run in a terrible choppy framerate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games run in a terrible choppy framerate: So I just installed Manhunt 2 and I was experiencing 3 FPS constantly, well idk if 3 but still it ran horribly. The cutscenes were fine but the menu and actual gameplay are the problem. I have a pretty good laptop that can run PAYDAY 2 and other modern games. So the problem...
  8. Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless controller losing connection causes games to crash or significantly drop in framerate: So, not really sure where to post this, but this issue has been kinda bugging me for some time. It only happens in some games, not all, but I use an Xbox One wireless controller connected to my PC via bluetooth built into my mobo (though I had the same issue as well in the...
  9. CPU decreases on playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU decreases on playing games: Hello r/windows10 ! I'm encountering this issue where the CPU speed goes down sometimes when I open a game (League of legends or csgo). When this happens the fps in-game drops by 30%. I have also noticed that if I keep YouTube open on chrome the speed stays at 2.39 Ghz. I...
  10. Windows Game DVR Constant Framerate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Game DVR Constant Framerate?: Hello, I've been using Windows Game Bar, Game DVR to record a lot of videos of my computer, unfortunately I've been having an issue. Issue: Whenever I import the footage into my Adobe Premiere Pro program, the footage is all recorded in VFPS, or Variable Frames Per...