Windows 10: Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work.

Discus and support Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed the major updates a few days ago and my speakers stopped working. My stereo headphones do still work, however. Speakers Realtek High... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CARDO 8 ATL, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:42 PM.

1. Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work.

I installed the major updates a few days ago and my speakers stopped working. My stereo headphones do still work, however.

Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio is selected as it should be.

Also, I've since deleted the updates as they caused my computer to crash multiple times.

Any help appreciated!

:)

2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Speakers don't work but headphones work

I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only the speakers are listed even when headphone are plugged in.

FourFeatures, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:43 PM
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work.

1. Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work. - Similar Threads - update caused speakers

2. My headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphone is not working: Please give me the link to download realtek HD audio Driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphone-is-not-working/0ee2f0a5-c091-467f-856e-f3d7ece152c9
  3. Headphones working but speakers are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones working but speakers are not working.: So as of this morning I have a new problem. My headphones work just fine, but my speakers aren't working at all. Everything I've checked says that it's working properly, but no sound from the speakers. They were working last night when I put the computer to sleep. I...
  4. Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do: I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 Home ver 2004 build 19041.329. My built-in speakers and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. Microphone works occasionally, but most of the time it doesn't. I tried reinstalling...
  5. suddenly my headphones went dead. speaker works fine.

suddenly my headphones went dead. speaker works fine.: Suddenly my headphones went dead. speaker works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-headphones-went-dead-speaker-works/f4b492a6-9c60-4e9d-969d-ba508716315e
  6. My Speakers will not work

My Speakers will not work: Every time I restart my laptop, my internal speakers work until I Plug in my headphones, in which case, my speaker will not work until I once again restart my laptop, and that does not even work every time. this occurred after I installed 1909, and I am very irritated with...
  7. My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working

My headphone/speaker jack just stopped working: My headphone/speaker jack no longer works. Have tried to run Troubleshoot but it just tells me "it cant recognise the problem" or that my earbuds are not plugged in where they are In addition, and I dont know if this pertains to the same type of thing, my audio is very low....
  8. i cant get my headphone or speaker to work.

i cant get my headphone or speaker to work.: Today, i plug a headphone onto my computer. At first, it works okay. But when i restart the computer, it stopped working(the same day). i have tried everything on the internet and nothing works. Also, my Realtek High Definition Audio doesnt work. And in the playback tab, my...
  9. internal speakers and headphones not working

internal speakers and headphones not working: Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and since i did my internal speakers and my headphones are not working anymore. I have a microphone called blue yeti wich can be used as an output. It's the only output that works for me. If i go to the audio output...
  10. Speakers don't work but headphones work

Speakers don't work but headphones work: I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only...