Windows 10: Windows Update causes audio and video issues

Discus and support Windows Update causes audio and video issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinLawrence6, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore point just before the updates, all functions return to normal. I have ran the troubleshooter, and it finds nothing wrong. When I check for proper drivers, all the latest drivers show being installed. This only happens on my desktop - my Windows 10 notebook and tablet are not affected by the update. What next???

:)

KevinLawrence6, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Basith M Win User
    Windows 10 HDMI audio issues in Dell (ALIENWARE) M11XR3

Hi Mohamed,

This might have caused due to any compatibility issues with the Video/Audio card drivers. As a first step, I suggest you to install all the updates listed in Windows Updates and check if the same issue occurs. This is to check if this is caused due to any
    updates related issues.

If still the issue persists, then I suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists. This is to check if this is caused due to any compatibility issues.

Refer to the following Windows 8.1 article to install the drivers in compatibility mode. The steps apply to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

Audio out of sync in video Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue with particular video file or all the video files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving this issue.

Note: The steps mentioned below are applicable to Windows Media player only.

Make sure “Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized

1. Open Windows Media Player.

2. Click on Tools and then on Options

3. Switch to Performance tab.

4. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files" options.

5. Click "Apply" and click "OK."

Restart Windows Media Player and open a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update causes audio and video issues

1. Windows Update causes audio and video issues - Similar Threads - Update causes audio

2. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues: Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The interface does show as an input so it does see it. Interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. The drivers are current....
  3. Audio / Video Issue

Audio / Video Issue: Hi everyone! So for the past week i have been having audio crackling / video sync issues and sometimes the video stutter / freezing. I have tried 3 clean installs and i still get the issue. It happens even when i have changed ssd / removed and replaced gpu with another...
  4. Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I've had an issue with my Windows 10 recording pc as of this morning when I applied some windows 10 updates, updated some drivers and ran CCleaner. When using my recording software (Cubase 9) with my Focusrite...
  5. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues: Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to...
  6. Last nights update causes video issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last nights update causes video issues: Ever since the windows update last night, my screen either flickers or completely blanks out several times per minute. While the screen is blank (can last a few seconds) the computer is otherwise working fine because, for example, I can type and when the screen comes back...
  7. audio and video issues

audio and video issues: My video and audio has suddenly, and for no reason that I can tell, stopped syncing. The audio is very out of sync with the video and the video is suddenly choppy and slow. What is the issue? I've installed no new programs or hardware....
  8. Windows Audio/Video Issues

Windows Audio/Video Issues: Hello, Over the past few weeks, my laptop has been having the same recurring problem: When I watch videos, including live streams, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc., everything will work fine for the most part, but then sometimes the video will stutter, I'll hear a buzzing...
  9. BSOD caused by video / audio

BSOD caused by video / audio: Like the title says, I have a BSOD issue that only tends to happen when I'm playing a video. This happened quite frequently when watching youtube videos before the upgrade from 8, but after the upgrade it has slowed down some and wasn't really bothering me. Here lately I have...
  10. Video/Audio Issues after update

Video/Audio Issues after update: On Sunday my PC did a restart over night, and since then I've had issues with sound, video, and running games. I can't seem to pin down the problem. When I'm in a game the video has become laggy and FPS drops significantly, and always accompanied by crackling and tearing in...