Windows 10: Windows update causes failure to launch for Canon DPP software and others

Discus and support Windows update causes failure to launch for Canon DPP software and others in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On November 12th 2019 Windows 10 home edition had an automated update consisting of : 7 definition updates for windows defender. 1 quality cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HoriSas, Nov 13, 2019.

1. HoriSas Win User

Windows update causes failure to launch for Canon DPP software and others

On November 12th 2019 Windows 10 home edition had an automated update consisting of :

7 definition updates for windows defender.

1 quality cumulative update for windows 10.

1 classified under other as windows malicious software removal tool. (KB890830) which may be stopped from command prompt. I did not tried yet.

Right after the update some Canon softwares as Digital photo profesional DPP 4.11.0 or Picture style editor 1.23.0 or their Lense registration app all of these which they been doing fine before had stopped working as in the underlying explanation of another fellow quote :

C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way

Trying to run Canon Digital Photo Pro 4 (DPP4) & I get the following error message right after the Canon DPP4 splash screen appears:

====================================

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\pr…

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate It in

an unusual way

Please contact the application's support team for more

information.

=================================================

That is everything I know about the error & the text is per the error window. "Program: C:\pr… " is per the error message so I cannot tell what executable is erroring.

I've:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Canon's Digital Professional Pro 4 with the latest download available

- Deleted all the MS C++ installs/updates & reinstalled the C++ Runtime with the most current

- Performed a: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

- Performed a: sfc /scannow

- Again I uninstalled & reinstalled Canon's Digital Professional Pro 4 with the latest download available

More history:

11/10/2019 I downloaded the latest photos from the camera & it opened DPP4 fine. I could look at images and move among without issue.

11/12/2019 (the program was still open from a couple days ago) I selected a raw image & adjusted the image. I believe that it first threw the above message when I tried to use the program's "lens tool" . I dismissed the message & went on with more changes. It threw the same error message one or more times (I don't recall exactly how many or what I was doing). I saved the files & closed the program. When I now try to reopen the program, I get the above error message.

I just connected the camera again & it downloaded the latest image fine using the Canon download tool, but it threw the above message when it tried running DPP4.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do next:

- I can't tell from the error message the exact program that is failing.

- I've Googled/Binged this and followed the suggestions as posted above

- I can't tell if it is a C++, DPP4 or an interaction between them that is the problem.

Suggestions????

UPDATE: I also:

- Updated the video card drivers

- Restarted a couple times during the processes above

:)

HoriSas, Nov 13, 2019
  2. SteveGD Win User

Canon printer software update failure

Hi Divya, your suggestion didn't work - troubleshooting with wired connection.

I Removed the printer from the Settings > Devices & Printers list, re-installed 2 Canon drivers as required, and the update problem persisted.

Since then I have run WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab, which found an error 'Service Registration is missing or corrupt' which was fixed. That was yesterday. I have just run it again, which produced the same error. Strange?!

So I am waiting to see if the next automatic printer software update works.

I have been in touch with Canon to see if a complete printer uninstall would likely fix the issue, but I am awaiting their reply.

Regards, Steve.

SteveGD, Nov 13, 2019
  3. SteveGD Win User
    Canon printer software update failure

Below is the text from an error report after the update fails. This has been going on since shortly after an upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10, and every few days the prompt to update keeps happening and failing.

• Canon - Printers - Canon MG7100 series Printer - Error 0x80070490

• Canon - Printers - Canon MP600 Printer - Error 0x80070490

I have searched for a similar problem on MS and it was suggested to do a sfc /scannow as there may be a corrupted system file. The scan returned no corrupted files.

The MG7100 is currently connected to a WLAN, with two laptops, both running WIN 10. The MP600 is no longer connected, but the software has been unistalled.

WIN 10 updates are being installed automatically as usual.

Does anybody have any other suggestions, please?

Thanks, Steve.

SteveGD, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Windows update causes failure to launch for Canon DPP software and others

Windows 10 (1709) update caused runtime error in Canon DPP4 7.21.0

I am having the exact same problem, have also reinstalled Canon DPP 4 multiple times, have performed the suggested in-place upgrade, and still cannot convert a raw file to a .JPEG ... any more ideas?

SteveYardley1, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows update causes failure to launch for Canon DPP software and others

1. Windows update causes failure to launch for Canon DPP software and others - Similar Threads - update causes failure

2. My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11: My Canon scanner 8800F is not workingThe message in Adobe photoshop is that software cannot be launched for this deviceI am using Windows 11...
  3. My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Canon 8800F scanner is saying software cannot be launched - windows 11: My Canon scanner 8800F is not workingThe message in Adobe photoshop is that software cannot be launched for this deviceI am using Windows 11...
  4. LAUNCH SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAUNCH SOFTWARE: Where is the launch software to be found for my Flight simulator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-software/8badeb90-cb31-4e4a-b2da-a93da62bef80
  5. updates caused failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates caused failures: Since January 2021 my computer has being behaving weird, after this months updates KB5003637 and KB5003254 it became annoyingly unusable, I uninstalled last updates and it improved a little, but still behaving weird, sometimes i have to reboot to be able to keep working.How...
  6. Launching failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Launching failure: Recently, when i turn my computer on.... A bleu screen with text below apear : you need to sign as an administrator to continue but therr aren't any administrator accounts on this pc And i find only the restart icon....so i can't even turn it on Help plz?? [IMG][IMG]...
  7. Windows update causing a drive failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update causing a drive failure: I was in the middle of an update and around the 27% mark everything stopped and the following message appeared on screen: “Reboot and select a proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I reseated the sata cables for my drive and made...
  8. Windows update causes application failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update causes application failure: On July 12th 2019 Microsoft sneaked an update on my PC even though I had paused updates for 7 days. The update, KB4509096, a so-called "security update", broke video rendering on my photo/video viewer and editor, Irfanview. Another later update KB4507453 on the 13th may have...
  9. Update Failure to Launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Failure to Launch: HP Stream Laptop. Update failed and now all I can get is "Restoring your previous version of Windows...". It's been running like that for 14 hours now. I've tried the F8 boot interrupt with no success. She (the owner) used a usb stick to update but I have no idea what else...
  10. Canon Toolbox Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Toolbox Software: Hi Have installed Canon MF4690PL vista drivers and run update for win10 which showed drivers as correctly loaded in device manager. Have installed Canon Toolbox for scanning from this device. There isn't much wrong and I'm sure that I just haven't found the correct path...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon digital photo 4 install failure