Windows 10: Windows update causing backlight bleeding

Discus and support Windows update causing backlight bleeding in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by osly2081, May 27, 2019.

1. osly2081 Win User

Windows update causing backlight bleeding

I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia.

In this order:
    1. Nvidia updates
    2. Windows updates

Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in patches/groups in the bottom of my screen. The computer in question is a Dell Inspiron 5577. It's an awesome machine, and I really like it. I had a system restore point created before I restarted to install the update, but at the point I created the restore point, the system was prompting me to reboot to finish installing updates. Either way, I've gone back to the restore point and the light bleed is gone, much to my relief, so I know it's not the GPU driver from Nvidia. What caused this, and how can I report it to Dell and/or Microsoft?

I have Microsoft Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.529) as of now when I type in "winver" into the run dialog box.

:)

osly2081, May 27, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Is this backlight bleeding normal?

Yes, that is backlight bleed. Looks rather normal to be honest.

erocker, May 27, 2019
  3. Is this backlight bleeding too much or normal?

As someone who doesn't have backlight bleeding I find any amount to be too much.

LAN_deRf_HA, May 27, 2019
  4. Chewy Win User

backlight bleeding

I believe its normal did you search for online tests/downloads? I have some backlight bleeding its expected in 22" monitors, as long as its not to bad and affecting your picture than I wouldnt worry about it.

I thought I had it bad at first but upon more reviewing I found out what I had was normal.. dont have the link it was like 1000 pages long anyway and I wass on like page 30.. lol

Chewy, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update causing backlight bleeding - Similar Threads - update causing backlight

2. Backlight bleed ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Backlight bleed ?: Hello. I've owned the MSI MAG274QRF-QD monitor for 2 years. The display is fine, no faulty pixels. When I play a video on YouTube with a black screen, I don't see any backlight bleed with my eyes. However, as soon as I take a camera and photograph a black screen, I have the...
  3. Desktop 'bleeds' into apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop 'bleeds' into apps: It doesn't show when i take a screenshot . But like half the icons bleed into the screen when i use apps , even when gaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-bleeds-into-apps/aa4bdf05-d4c4-47b0-a91f-aa6bde8e3318
  4. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  5. Backlight Bleed

Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  6. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Backlight

Backlight: Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire Notebook A715 running window 10, as I get older and my eyesight fails I would like to have the backlight keyboard remain on while the laptop is on. If this can be done please advise me.Thank you in advance Ian @ *** Email address is removed for...
  8. Backlight bleed - unlucky or is it every where?

Backlight bleed - unlucky or is it every where?: So, long story short - I recently purchased two new monitors - one was an Acer 24" and one was an HP 21" - both monitors suffered from backlight bleed, that's just really made them unusable for me. I work in Linux - I have a lot of xterms opened up at any given time and use...
  9. Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?

Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?: I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia updates 2. Windows updates Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in...
  10. Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?: I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia updates 2. Windows updates Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in...