Windows 10: Windows update causing BSOD and reverting

Discus and support Windows update causing BSOD and reverting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have built a new computer and installed windows through the usual method of bootable USB and everything went perfectly. I’ve had this issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimplyLime, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Windows update causing BSOD and reverting

So I have built a new computer and installed windows through the usual method of bootable USB and everything went perfectly. I’ve had this issue where upon trying to install a windows update I get the x000021a error. I know this is due to windows update failing and it’s pretty easy yet annoying to revert. I’ve done an Sfc scan and while it said it repaired corrupt files, upon trying the update again I get the same error. This is windows cumulative update KB4586876. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Ive also tried DISM which strangely sees no errors, but when I go to restore health, it gives me an access denied error running CMD as admin. The computer works perfectly fine on this version of windows, and with all new hardware, I dont see why there would be any issue. Any help with this would be great.Thanks!

Hardware:

AMD ryzen 5800x

32 GB 3600 DDR4

Samsung SSD

Reused seagate harddrive from previous build

:)

SimplyLime, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows update causing BSOD and reverting

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Tenforo, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows update causing BSOD and reverting

1. Windows update causing BSOD and reverting - Similar Threads - update causing BSOD

2. Windows update reverting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reverting: There's an update that keeps reverting post installation process...Is there a way to find which update is reverting Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-reverting/42722fe3-abee-443f-825d-1f93798e3ab0
  3. Windows Update KB5004945 causes BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update KB5004945 causes BSODs: Hello,After the security advisories regarding the PrintNightmare vulerability, I ran Windows Update, which installed KB5004945. Immediately after rebooting, I started getting BSOD errors at random times within five minutes of logging into Windows. This would happen after...
  4. Windows update causing Kmode BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update causing Kmode BSOD: Hi, I'm not amazing with computers but my pc has ran perfect for about 3 years when I set it up. Windows performed an automatic update and since then, it crashes after about 2 minutes of use withe error message; kmode_exception_not_handled. No code after, just that message...
  5. Windows update causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update causes BSOD: Hello guys. I bought a new HP Envy 13-ah0044TX (i7, mx150) this year in February but since June, every time I let it update, after every 3-4 days of use, a bluescreen with stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR flashes while I use the laptop. I thought it was because of the...
  6. Windows Update Causing BSOD

Windows Update Causing BSOD: Hello. Over the past couple days my computer has been forcefully updating Windows overnight to KB4537572 and causing a BSOD with the Kernel_Mode_Heap_Corruption error. I know this specific update is the cause for it because I have taken pictures to test my prediction....
  7. Windows update causing BSOD

Windows update causing BSOD: Greetings to all of my readers. Last night i (accidently) was installed the new update of windows 10, after finish it, i shutdown my laptop and then in the morning i turn on my laptop it's function normally, but when i plug my power(charger) it's accidently BSOD ( page...
  8. Updates Causing BSOD

Updates Causing BSOD: The latest updates have run twice and both times caused a BSOD and my pc will not boot. I cannot run a repair and have to reinstall Windows. This seems crazy to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-causing-bsod/05023936-e05f-4b7e-9128-e377f0e8042d
  9. windows 10 update causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 update causes BSOD: I have been getting the BSOD daily since May when a Feature Update was installed 5/15/18 on my machine. It was referred to as Windows 10 version 1803. Since then when i have more than one window open i can count on getting the BSOD with the Stop Code: Driver IRQL not less or...
  10. Windows 10 Update Causing BSODs

Windows 10 Update Causing BSODs: Hi, I recently purchased a used Dell Latitude e5570 with Windows 10 Pro. Version 1803 OS Build 17134.286 Intel i7-6600U, 16 GB RAM, 64bit processor I used it normally for about two days before it automatically started an update. After the update several issues appeared....