Windows 10: Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?

Discus and support Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, May 27, 2019.

1. osly Win User

Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?

I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia.

In this order:
    1. Nvidia updates
    2. Windows updates

Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in patches/groups in the bottom of my screen. The computer in question is a Dell Inspiron 5577. It's an awesome machine, and I really like it. I had a system restore point created before I restarted to install the update, but at the point I created the restore point, the system was prompting me to reboot to finish installing updates. Either way, I've gone back to the restore point and the light bleed is gone, much to my relief, so I know it's not the GPU driver from Nvidia. What caused this, and how can I report it to Dell and/or Microsoft?

:)

2. Light bleeding from capacitive buttons.

I have a little light bleed on mine too, but you can only see it when the bottom of the screen is black and lighting is low.

sparkedfire---01, May 27, 2019
  3. cutnoodle Win User
    Light bleeding from capacitive buttons.

"I have a little light bleed on mine too, but you can only see it when the bottom of the screen is black and lighting is low." ME TOO!:catsad:

cutnoodle, May 27, 2019
  4. zeEggman Win User

Light bleeding from capacitive buttons.

Hello.

My brand new Lumia 900 has light bleeding onto the screen from the capacitive button's backlight. There is also light coming out on the leftside between the glass and the polycarbonate.

Is this a common problem and can I return this phone as DOA?

Thanks.

zeEggman, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible? - Similar Threads - update causing light

2. Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?: I was just thinking, since there are many windows 10 computer that don't support the requirements met to support windows 11, can't Microsoft just create a light version of windows for unsupported devices so at least the outdated users will feel up-to-date considering the fact...
  3. Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to create a light version of Windows 11?: I was just thinking, since there are many windows 10 computer that don't support the requirements met to support windows 11, can't Microsoft just create a light version of windows for unsupported devices so at least the outdated users will feel up-to-date considering the fact...
  4. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  5. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  6. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I've had an issue with my Windows 10 recording pc as of this morning when I applied some windows 10 updates, updated some drivers and ran CCleaner. When using my recording software (Cubase 9) with my Focusrite...
  8. Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows update causing light bleed? Is it possible?: I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia updates 2. Windows updates Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in...
  9. Windows update causing backlight bleeding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causing backlight bleeding: I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia updates 2. Windows updates Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in...
  10. DirectX causing issues/update not possible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX causing issues/update not possible...: Alright, so basically just a brief sum up of the situation: I've bought myself a new (Gaming-) PC, installed Steam and other stuff I need including a few games. Today I wanted to play ARK which said it had to install directX (one-time installation) which is pretty common with...