Windows 10: Windows update causing power problem in hibernate

Discus and support Windows update causing power problem in hibernate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Y70-70 that's been running Windows 10 for a few years. Most of the time hibernate works properly (and it's definitely hibernate, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hildegrin, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Hildegrin Win User

Windows update causing power problem in hibernate

I have a Lenovo Y70-70 that's been running Windows 10 for a few years. Most of the time hibernate works properly (and it's definitely hibernate, not sleep). However, if Windows downloads an update and I delay the restart required, it causes problems during hibernate. About 10 seconds after the hibernation sequence completes, the illuminated keyboard begins to flash very briefly once every few seconds, the SSD produces a faint, high pitched beeping noise, and the battery drains from full to zero after around 24 hours.

Installing the downloaded update and rebooting fixes the problem, and I can then hibernate normally, until the next delayed update.

However, a few days ago I installed the 1903 update and since then the problem happens every time I hibernate, even after all updates have been installed and the computer has been rebooted numerous times. Uninstalling 1903 has fixed the problem for now, but I'd really like to find out what's causing it and solve the issue permanently.

:)

Hildegrin, Aug 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Windows update causing power problem in hibernate

Hibernate, Windows Update and Power On

Hi Robin,

Windows Update regularly reboots your computer to apply the changes made on your computer. Since that your computer is set on hibernate mode, we suggest that you schedule a time to restart your PC after downloading the update. Please be reminded that if
    there is a new update, it will be automatically downloads but the changes will only apply after a reboot. Please follow this step to set the time to restart your PC:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Make sure that you are on the Windows Update tab.
    • Under Update settings, click on Restart options link.
    • Under Schedule a time, toggle the slider to On and set a time.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows update causing power problem in hibernate

1. Windows update causing power problem in hibernate - Similar Threads - update causing power

2. Windows Update Causing Laptop to Not Power On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Causing Laptop to Not Power On: I just updated my son's Dell laptop with the Windows update. The computer once restarted will not even boot. it's just a black screen. I sent it to a technician to be repaired and he says it's a firmware issue due to the update. He got it back working by taking out the...
  3. Power outage or update causing print problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power outage or update causing print problems?: On the morning of June 22, there was a power outage in my area. Ever since then, my two PCs cannot find my wireless Brother printer. The WLAN report from my printer shows it is connected to my network, as are the two PCs, yet they can't find each other. I checked for the...
  4. Power outage or update causing print problems?

Power outage or update causing print problems?: On the morning of June 22, there was a power outage in my area. Ever since then, my two PCs cannot find my wireless Brother printer. The WLAN report from my printer shows it is connected to my network, as are the two PCs, yet they can't find each other. I checked for the...
  5. Power outage or update causing print problems?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Power Switch, hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Switch, hibernate problem: Microsoft Support 111221 Power Switch, hibernate problem Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and have some unusual problems with my Power Switch, and hibernate/sleep. I tried going thru shut down and start up several times, and documenting...
  7. Power Switch, hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Switch, hibernate problem: Microsoft Support 111221 Power Switch, hibernate problem Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and have some unusual problems with my Power Switch, and hibernate/sleep. I tried going thru shut down and start up several times, and documenting...
  8. Power Switch, hibernate problem

9. Hibernation causing a lot of problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation causing a lot of problems: I found this in this forum: Created on March 16, 2016 My computer won't wake up from hibernation in Windows 10 My computer recently stopped emerging from hibernation for no apparent reason and forced me to do hard reboots before functioning. I went to Device Manager as you...
  10. Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10: Hello to all, i'm new of windows 10 but on windows 8.1 i have always used on my PC (not laptop) the hibernate function. Now if i close my desktop PC with hibernating it when i switch it on, the pc switch off completely it self when window starts to boot! Then i have to...