Windows 10: Windows update change permissions

Discus and support Windows update change permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 computer attached to a home network. One for my financial and personal information and one for the kids. I have permissions set so the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DocWeber1807, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows update change permissions

I have 2 computer attached to a home network.

One for my financial and personal information and one for the kids.

I have permissions set so the kids computer can not look or change what is on my computer.

It seems with every update, the permissions go away and when I check, the kids can look at and change information on my computer.

When I reset the permissions, things are fine...ie kids computer can not access my computer.

BUT after the next update, they are able to access it again.

WHY oh WHY.

:)

DocWeber1807, Jan 17, 2020
  2. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Jan 17, 2020
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Windows update change permissions

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows update change permissions

1. Windows update change permissions - Similar Threads - update change permissions

2. Changing Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Permissions: I have Windows 11 on my desktop computer. I'm the Owner, Administrator and the name that I log in under, Denise. No one else uses my computer. I've been trying to change permissions in order to update my GPS but the options for each "account" are grayed out except for Owner...
  3. Changing Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Permissions: I have Windows 11 on my desktop computer. I'm the Owner, Administrator and the name that I log in under, Denise. No one else uses my computer. I've been trying to change permissions in order to update my GPS but the options for each "account" are grayed out except for Owner...
  4. Microsoft WINDOWS Update changed permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft WINDOWS Update changed permissions: A recent WINDOWS update had adjusted the permissions on my computer, now I am unable to connect the Bluebeam [Revu 20 Extreme] printing services. I have been using the program for 2 years without issue [until recently]. After hours talking with tech support an a remote...
  5. Microsoft WINDOWS Update changed permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft WINDOWS Update changed permissions: A recent WINDOWS update had adjusted the permissions on my computer, now I am unable to connect the Bluebeam [Revu 20 Extreme] printing services. I have been using the program for 2 years without issue [until recently]. After hours talking with tech support an a remote...
  6. Can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  7. changing permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing permissions: I want to change my Minecraft permissions to be able to play multiplayer. how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-permissions/1447eeff-ce1b-46bd-9152-c96e7109ca73
  8. change 'permissions'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change 'permissions': which 1 of these ways is easiest and would give as much 'permissions' to computer user as possible? > Change Permissions of Objects for Users and Groups in Windows 10 problems: cant delete basic things cant move basic things to ssd etc etc too many problems cos of this cos...
  9. Changes permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changes permissions: Ever time I check my permissions they are changed. Not all of them but almost. If I unplug my pc & unhook the network cable it isn't as bad. It gets to the point where I am not allowed to do anything but go online. I have scanned with several antivirus programs but nothing...
  10. changing permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing permissions: I am trying to change the security and permission issues of files in the folder to share with everyone with full control. setting the permissions in the folder is not changing the files in the folder. Finding some of the files have different ownerships. is there a way to...