Windows 10: Windows update changed file explorer background

Discus and support Windows update changed file explorer background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The latest update changed all of my backgrounds to black. White text on black background in file explorer is impossible on my eyes. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AudreyBoag, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Windows update changed file explorer background

The latest update changed all of my backgrounds to black. White text on black background in file explorer is impossible on my eyes. Is there a way to set the file explorer background to light and keep the photo viewer dark as it was prior to the update? The custom settings allow for differences between file explorer and apps, but don't apply to the photo viewer.

:)

AudreyBoag, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2019
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows update changed file explorer background

background change and file explorer movement

Hello,

To better assist you with the issue, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue happen?
    • Were there changes made on your computer prior to encountering the issue?
    • When you're not changing the background, do you still encounter the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows update changed file explorer background

1. Windows update changed file explorer background - Similar Threads - update changed file

2. background color in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  3. Change File Explorer Background

Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  4. File Explorer background dark

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer background dark: Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same. [img] 138766
  5. How to change File Explorer background colors?

How to change File Explorer background colors?: My Windows 10 Home just updated to version 1809 and for some reason the Windows File Explorer background changed from white to a dark charcoal gray. I don't mind the gray so much, but it would be better if it were lighter. How do I change it? I've looked everywhere for an...
  6. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...
  7. File Explorer window stuck in the background

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer window stuck in the background: Hello. I have 4 file explorer windows open, plus a couple of apps like Chrome, Outlook, LibreOffice. I click on 1 of file explorer windows in the taskbar that happens to be in the background in order to bring the window forward, but it will not come forward. It stays in the...
  8. Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?

Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?: [img] Like In Pic (On Windows 7) I Need Change From White Colour to Grey. Can I Do This On Windows 10 ? 42528
  9. Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions

Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions: Good Afternoon, I have moved from FreeBSD to Win 10. The glaring white of the aforementioned objects is really painful to my old eyes. I cannot find references on Google about how to change this. I found one post that alleges this obnoxious color was hard coded. Can...
  10. Changing file explorer background for windows 10 ofc

Changing file explorer background for windows 10 ofc: Hello everyone. I'm sure this has been asked a 1001 times lol... but no one seems to have the answer. So this is my last stop until I just deal with it. I'd like to change the file explorer window to a darker color along with the REST of the default DARK theme windows 10 has....