Windows 10: Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to...

Discus and support Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Standard win 11 64 bit.This happened right after a windows update about a month ago. I really don't like this change, everything that is at the top of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wowmeiya, Jun 16, 2024.

1. wowmeiya Win User

Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to...

Standard win 11 64 bit.This happened right after a windows update about a month ago. I really don't like this change, everything that is at the top of this menu screen is overly inflated like word perfect which is a lot of stuff that your basic home users don't need for basic folder/file navigation, all the stuff at the top is now basically everything that you could already access with a simple Right Click of the mouse. Why anyone would need all this when you're just trying to navigate through your basic folders is unknown to me.I do not want this^Any way to change it back to look like the

:)

wowmeiya, Jun 16, 2024
  2. P4-630 Win User

Currency Gadget no longer updating

My currency gadget is no longer updating, it says: "Cannot connect to service", now I have the sidebar and gadgets installed from 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 on my windows 8.1 laptop.
    I have tried this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-currency-stock-weather-gadgets-not-updating-windows-7-vista/

But it does not work because I don't have the folder as in step 5:
    5. Delete the folder named 53eab605-3b97-4da0-8e92-ea49d47af529

Did Microsoft stop completely with this service?

Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to... gadgets-jpg.jpg

Does anyone know another solution to fix this?

P4-630, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to... :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Jun 16, 2024
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to... - Similar Threads - update changed folder

2. Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update changed folder navigation and you can no longer see the filepath, how to...: Standard win 11 64 bit.This happened right after a windows update about a month ago. I really don't like this change, everything that is at the top of this menu screen is overly inflated like word perfect which is a lot of stuff that your basic home users don't need for basic...
  3. Can you no longer add a folder for a newly added user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you no longer add a folder for a newly added user?: I am referring to this folder.You used to be able to do this from this screen at Start > Run > netplwiz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-no-longer-add-a-folder-for-a-newly-added/45aa6bad-cdf7-45fa-a53b-da4db6f715cf
  4. Can you no longer add a folder for a newly added user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you no longer add a folder for a newly added user?: I am referring to this folder.You used to be able to do this from this screen at Start > Run > netplwiz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-no-longer-add-a-folder-for-a-newly-added/45aa6bad-cdf7-45fa-a53b-da4db6f715cf
  5. Can you no longer add a folder for a newly added user?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can I change the folders shown in the navigation bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change the folders shown in the navigation bar?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2eb2qblsr0n41.png?width=217&format=png&auto=webp&s=e4a05d787482e459324b4490e12311d7df854564 submitted by /u/MayaTheMaster [link] [comments]...
  7. Can you change the search folders icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you change the search folders icon?: [IMG] Hello, Since I'm a very organised person (I'm not) I use search folders a lot and since I'm also lazy I decided to include my search folders on my toolbar. The problem is that they all look the same and I wanted to know if I could change the icons....
  8. How to print the filepath in Notepad ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to print the filepath in Notepad ?: As far as I remember the command "&F" used to open the complete path to the file in Notepad in the previous Windows versions. (C:\Users\Username\Documents\Foldername\Filename.txt). Now pressing "&F" command just print the file name in the header or footer of Notepad. How can...
  9. I can no longer see the folders and files on another network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer see the folders and files on another network computer: I have a home network, very basic. My HP pavillion laptop is connected to that network. I have Windows 10 on my laptop with the latest upgrade apparently. The network computer I'm connecting to is running Windows 7. I used to be able to open up Explorer click on "network"...
  10. Can no longer see clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer see clock: My lower right clock display (taskbar?) is now 'dimmed', and can't be read without placing mouse pointer over it, or double-clicking it. Why is that?...