Windows 10: Windows update changed my font

Discus and support Windows update changed my font in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A recent Windows 10 update altered the default font to one that is virtually illegible. How do I restore the original font & prevent this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by esl75, Jun 13, 2021.

1. esl75 Win User

Windows update changed my font

A recent Windows 10 update altered the default font to one that is virtually illegible. How do I restore the original font & prevent this from happening again with the next Windows update ? I have reinstalled my fonts, I have made registration entries with basic fonts, I have attempted a system restore. Nothing worked!!! Can anyone help? May thanks in advance.

:)

esl75, Jun 13, 2021
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 changing Font

I cannot change the system fonts in Windows 10. I have gone in and changed the title bars, etc, but there are still some fonts that are too small for my eyes. One example is my Outlook address book. Anyone have any suggestions please?

DonnaRothman, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Windows update changed my font

Changing my own language font

Hi,

From the screen shot it seems you are using Google chrome to change the language font Which is downloaded from the internet. So, I suggest you to contact chrome support for further assistance.

If you are using Internet Explorer, please follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Internet options.
    • Click on fonts.
    • you can change the font as desired.

Please post back with the updated status regarding changing font, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows update changed my font

1. Windows update changed my font - Similar Threads - update changed font

2. Font change again after Window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font change again after Window update: Dear all, I don't know do you have same experience like me. Everytime when windows update my outlook, excel or word fonts will change. Please find below example. First 2 lines are original fonts that I use. Last 2 lines are automatically change even I follow typing....
  3. change fonts on my

in Windows 10 Customization
    change fonts on my: How do I change the font on my windows 10 HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-fonts-on-my/2e1d3d17-3365-4e8b-ace4-f68d0985955d
  4. change fonts to a darker fonts

change fonts to a darker fonts: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-fonts-to-a-darker-fonts/0cc4471a-1876-4b56-b7c3-520a03b261bc
  5. Windows Font Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Font Change: So awhile ago i changed my font throughout my laptop and i ended up changing it back the other day. The problem is there is this one bold font on certain pages that isn't going back to normal. IMAGE: https://imgur.com/a/F6fDcwX This is what i used to switch it back to...
  6. Font change

Font change: I am having problems changing to another font. I don't know how to make all the text in that specific font and when I search how, the result is always outdated or that option isn't in the control panel. Can someone tell me how to switch my font so all of my text is that font?...
  7. My computer font changed

My computer font changed: Hi Everyone My name is Sean and I did nothing and all of sudden my computer font changed and now I don't no how to get it back to the default one please respond on how I can change it back because it is annoying....
  8. Change the font.

Change the font.: Why can't I change my font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-the-font/84954f70-6bbc-4483-9276-c33a93080a04
  9. Change fonts

Change fonts: Hi, Where is the option to change the fonts for your icon, menu's etc... don't want to change size or colour just type. Thanks 14639
  10. Changing system fonts in Creator Update

Changing system fonts in Creator Update: In Creator Update build, ability to change system fonts was removed from desktops settings. One possible solution was Winaero tweaking utility, now Wintools released another utility, called System Font Size Changer which is small and portable. Have to give credits for the...