Windows 10: Windows update changed my mouse direction.

Discus and support Windows update changed my mouse direction. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows just updated and now my mouse goes right on screen when I move it left and vice versa. Up and down is fine. It was working properly immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KryptKeeperCEO, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows update changed my mouse direction.

Windows just updated and now my mouse goes right on screen when I move it left and vice versa. Up and down is fine. It was working properly immediately before the update!

:)

KryptKeeperCEO, Mar 13, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows update changed my mouse direction.

Wired Mouse jumps in the opposite direction when scrolling

Hi Jason,

This can be due to a recent change in the configuration of your device.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried to use your mouse to a different computer? If yes, did you encounter the same concern?
    • What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we recommend that you unplug the device and use another USB port to reconnect your mouse. If the issue still persists. We suggest that you uninstall the device through device manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type DeviceManager and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click from the device and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Note that Windows 10 includes the native drivers of your mouse. It will be reinstalled automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows update changed my mouse direction.

1. Windows update changed my mouse direction. - Similar Threads - update changed mouse

2. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps: The reg edit change to reverse scrolling direction FlipFlopWheel =1 works for all apps except for those "native" Windows 10 apps like "Settings" or those from the Microsoft Store i.e. any apps that have that 'material' design.I also note that when "hover scroll" is active the...
  3. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps: The reg edit change to reverse scrolling direction FlipFlopWheel =1 works for all apps except for those "native" Windows 10 apps like "Settings" or those from the Microsoft Store i.e. any apps that have that 'material' design.I also note that when "hover scroll" is active the...
  4. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?: Hello,As a Designer I work very often with both Windows and MacBooks devices and there's a big difference between the Mouse Scroll direction on the platforms. MacOS does offer an option to change the scroll direction from "Natural" to what windows use - which is un-natural,...
  6. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?: Hello,As a Designer I work very often with both Windows and MacBooks devices and there's a big difference between the Mouse Scroll direction on the platforms. MacOS does offer an option to change the scroll direction from "Natural" to what windows use - which is un-natural,...
  7. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

8. Change direction

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change direction: Hello everyone,i wondering, if i can permanently change the direction of pop-off window from Desktop to a Folder when i trying to attaching File or saving File in Windows 10...
  9. Change direction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change direction: Hello everyone,i wondering, if i can permanently change the direction of pop-off window from Desktop to a Folder when i trying to attaching File or saving File in Windows 10...
  10. Change direction