Windows 10: Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission

Discus and support Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am so appalled with Windows 10. How dare you automatically install updates without my permission and completely change all my settings so that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OA3, Jun 16, 2021.

1. OA3
    OA3 Win User

Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission

I am so appalled with Windows 10. How dare you automatically install updates without my permission and completely change all my settings so that my computer is now almost unusable. The keyboard layout has been competely altered, I cannot find anything or write at any speed which is needed for my work. I had it set up the way I wanted. Now I have tried deleting all languages but one and nothing works. So sick of this arrogance and complete incompetence. As soon as I can Windows is being replaced. Why did you do this, it makes zero sense.

:)

2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 16, 2021
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 16, 2021
  4. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission - Similar Threads - update changing settings

2. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  3. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  4. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Change account without altering settings, permissions, apps, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account without altering settings, permissions, apps, etc.: I have used this laptop for quite a while under my mother's account, and now I wish to change it to my own. I tried adding a local account and now I can sign in as myself, but everything looked fresh and didn't have any of my old settings. I also don't know how to disconnect...
  6. Windows updated my computer without permission and now keeps updating at every reboot and...

Windows updated my computer without permission and now keeps updating at every reboot and...: Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I tried saving. Windows restarted my computer with no warning and attempted to install the update last week.. Now, I have to wait until it reinstalls the update whenever I reboot. All my...
  7. Password was changed without permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password was changed without permission: So I made a second account on a laptop I used for work, so a friend could borrow my laptop. I tried to log back into my account after setting him up on a local account, and now Win10 doesn't recognize my password at all. I don't know why, and it won't allow me to create a...
  8. Changing permission settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing permission settings: Hello there! I am having permission issues with this Windows 10. Whether as an administrator or user, I cannot change the permission to write on my $1200 laptop. This is really frustrating, especially during this COVID-19 shut down. Can someone please help? Thank you....
  9. Windows update without Permission?

Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...
  10. Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission: Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches I've encountered have been resolved.....until yesterday. I do not live my life online so the need to create a Microsoft...