Windows 10: Windows update check block by gp policies

Discus and support Windows update check block by gp policies in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have encounter with this many gp policies that blocks me to check from windows updates. If some one know the solution please reply me with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shamakham, May 28, 2020.

1. Shamakham Win User

Windows update check block by gp policies

Hello,

I have encounter with this many gp policies that blocks me to check from windows updates.

If some one know the solution please reply me with your pc's screenshot in gpedit.

Windows update check block by gp policies 5d436cef-bffb-46f5-b172-4257d3b21d4d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Shamakham, May 28, 2020

2. When I plug in a USB mouse or other device I get - Installation blocked by policy, check with your Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to setup any USB device on the PC and you are getting a message which says “Installation blocked by policy, check with your administrator”. Although you are not connected in a domain
    network and home use PC.

In this scenario we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch the
      Run command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok.
    3. Navigate to this location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Restrictions
    4. Now from right pane double click on DenyRemovableDevices
      and change the value from 1 to 0
    5. Close the registry, restart the PC and check.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you
    modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

Let us know how it goes,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 28, 2020
  3. windows defender is blocked by group policy

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with Window Defender is blocked by Group policy on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “CJ. Eichholz” replied on November 20, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Windows Defender is off due to group policy (Windows 10)

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 28, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

Thema:

1. Windows update check block by gp policies - Similar Threads - update check block

2. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup blocked by group policy: I tried to connect my phone and my drawing tablet to my laptop running Windows 11 but it just says "setup blocked by group policy".It might have something to do with gpedit.msc but in my defense, that was the only way I knew how to disable my laptop keyboard. How to fix this?...
  3. Windows Update Policy will not let PC Health Check run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Policy will not let PC Health Check run: I have scoured the web looking for answers to my issue and none of the common ones work. "Your organization manages updates on this PC" pops up when I try to run PC Health Check.Windows Update says "Some settings are managed by your organization" No matter what I have done, I...
  4. Windows Update Policy will not let PC Health Check run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Policy will not let PC Health Check run: I have scoured the web looking for answers to my issue and none of the common ones work. "Your organization manages updates on this PC" pops up when I try to run PC Health Check.Windows Update says "Some settings are managed by your organization" No matter what I have done, I...
  5. Windows Update Policy will not let PC Health Check run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy: HI Wonder if you could help I have windows 8 and I am trying to put back on Window Defender to protect my pc from any viruses. The error message I get is THIS PROGRAM IS BLOCKED BY GROUP POLICY. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.I just would like to...
  7. How to block USB through GP in AD 2012 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block USB through GP in AD 2012 ?: Hi all, I want to restrict users from accessing USB. my AD server is 2012 and all clients are Win10 . how to block through GP . It should work in safe mode too Can anyone help me to achieve this...
  8. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup blocked by group policy: My pc is giving me a message that it needs troubleshooting. I get the following: "Status: Setup blocked by group policy." When I try to print a document I get the message: "Could noet start printer. Check printer configuration." How can I fix this?...
  9. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setup blocked by group policy: My keyboard cannot install. It work before but after i update to 1903 version this glitch happen.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-blocked-by-group-policy/2e7d04db-dff6-4e15-96f6-cb9cd28bee8f
  10. blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked by group policy: hello! Im trying to get hyper-v working but when im trying to enable hyper v network switch on the network adapter im getting: ''blocked by group policy''. I upgradeded windows 7 to window 10 yesterday and its my private computer, anyone who had the same error? 29576