Windows 10: Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !!

Discus and support Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all , My windows Update Screen opens and I get the message "CHECKING FOR UPDATES......" . But this is never ending and even if I keep my device on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pradeep Patki, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !!

Hi all ,

My windows Update Screen opens and I get the message "CHECKING FOR UPDATES......" . But this is never ending and even if I keep my device on for hours , still I get the same message .. Please someone help me....

And I got the error message with the code 0x800705b4. Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !! c02938ce-4892-4637-8a78-a81a300e4d68?upload=true.jpg Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !! f53454c8-2ff8-412a-ae08-df50bc09cef1?upload=true.jpg

is there anyone else who is experiencing the same problem.Please help me , I am facing this issue since two weeks.

Thanks..

:)

Pradeep Patki, Dec 28, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Naki Win User
    Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

4. Smizack Win User

Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !!

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !! [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !!

1. Windows Update: Checking For Updates "forever" !! - Similar Threads - Update Checking Updates

2. updating forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updating forever: i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready submitted by /u/Aleccul69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7qo0y/updating_forever/
  3. Windows taking forever to Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking forever to Update: I did one of the Windows update and it told me to restart my computer. Usually it takes 5 minutes but today its been over an hour restarting. What should i do?...
  4. Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever: On Netflix, I received error code U7111-1331 telling me to update my Netflix app in order to stream. I went to the Netflix page on the Microsoft Store but it gave me no option to update the app. So I clicked on Downloads and Updates, checked for updates, and it's taking...
  5. Checking for updates takes forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates takes forever: It actually does not check for updates in Windows 10, why? 148176
  6. Windows Update takes forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes forever: The windows update end up took more than 3 hours to complete. Would it be possible to get an estimated time to update beforehand? And it would be nice if the windows can display the estimated remaining time needed instead of the percentage completed because it could be stuck...
  7. Windows 10 Checking for updates taking forever

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Checking for updates taking forever: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While Windows 10 updates have smoothened over the years, there are still many scenarios where the update gets stuck. Windows regularly check for an update or when you click the button. But if your Windows 10 update is taking forever [...] This post Windows...
  8. Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever

Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever: Only noticed this when already on Creator's Update. See: windows update - Streamable Windows Update Troubleshoot didn't solve anything. Any help would be appreciated. 81721
  9. Windows Update loading forever

Windows Update loading forever: Windows Update keeps on loading and never shows up any update: [img] What can I do to fix this? Thank you! 34410
  10. [SOLVED] Checking for updates (Forever running)

[SOLVED] Checking for updates (Forever running): Hi there, Previously I had an update which windows kept on updating and undoing the update for some reason. After which i tried to find for a solution online and somehow deleted the entire of the Software Distribution folder located in the C:\Windows folder. Right now...