Windows 10: windows update cleanup does not delete

Discus and support windows update cleanup does not delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I can not delete this. I have tried so many options they are: 1] Delete contents of SoftwareDistribution folder manually 2]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndySong666, Jun 11, 2019.

1. windows update cleanup does not delete

windows update cleanup does not delete 4b35b1df-dc12-4318-8d75-c1cdb13f93a0?upload=true.png

windows update cleanup does not delete f0adf240-cc76-4f0e-9a15-a27af7a43b6f?upload=true.jpg

I can not delete this. I have tried so many options

they are:

1] Delete contents of SoftwareDistribution folder manually

2] Delete contents of Windows.old folder manually3] Run Disk Cleanup in Clean Boot State or Safe Mode

4] Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter5] Run DISM to fix Component Store Corruption

6] sfc /scannow

none of them worked for me.

Please help!

:)

AndySong666, Jun 11, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Jun 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

windows update cleanup does not delete

In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

Hi Marcia

The correct way to run disk cleanup is explained below, you need to run it twice and yes, delete everything suggested by Disk Cleanup:

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

windows update cleanup does not delete

1. windows update cleanup does not delete - Similar Threads - update cleanup does

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. windows update cleanup does not delete

windows update cleanup does not delete: I can not delete this. I have tried so many optionsthey are: 1] Delete contents of SoftwareDistribution folder manually2] Delete contents of Windows.old folder manually3] Run Disk Cleanup in Clean Boot State or Safe Mode4] Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter5] Run DISM to...
  5. windows update cleanup does not delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update cleanup does not delete: I can not delete this. I have tried so many optionsthey are: 1] Delete contents of SoftwareDistribution folder manually2] Delete contents of Windows.old folder manually3] Run Disk Cleanup in Clean Boot State or Safe Mode4] Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter5] Run DISM to...
  6. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...: What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path that it deletes can someone please tell me what files/ folder path does this action clean up just the windows update Cleanup thanks in advance...
  7. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...: What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path that it deletes can someone please tell me what files/ folder path does this action clean up just the windows update Cleanup thanks in advance...
  8. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

9. Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup: Trying to remove Windows Update Cleanup files either using Settings windows or Disk Cleanup, it displays 4 GB of occupied space by Windows Update Cleanup but I cannot remove it either way. I tried:Running Disk Cleanup as administrator,Running Disk Cleanup in SafeMode,Manual...
  10. Can't delete Window Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete Window Update Cleanup: My Windows Update Cleanup is 10.9GB and Disk Clean-up doesn't delete it, even though it says it does. I can't find the Windows.old folder in the file explorer and any solutions I can't find any post about this issue. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I could...