Windows 10: Windows update - clicking any of the buttons in that section does not start anything, the...

Discus and support Windows update - clicking any of the buttons in that section does not start anything, the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically title. I have never encountered something similar in any system. Other sections work fine just the update section seems broken. Kasoersky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DryhtenKai, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Windows update - clicking any of the buttons in that section does not start anything, the...

Basically title. I have never encountered something similar in any system. Other sections work fine just the update section seems broken. Kasoersky haven't found any issues, neither did scannow etc. Any idea?

submitted by /u/DryhtenKai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DryhtenKai, Feb 23, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 23, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Windows update - clicking any of the buttons in that section does not start anything, the...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows update - clicking any of the buttons in that section does not start anything, the...

1. Windows update - clicking any of the buttons in that section does not start anything, the... - Similar Threads - update clicking buttons

2. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  3. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  4. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  6. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  7. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Start button right-click does not work (again)..

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button right-click does not work (again)..: Dear All, I presume some of you are familiar with the start button right click failure. I run Windows 2004, version 20175.1000 (pre-release 200717.1349). The failure of the right-click to work on the start button is an issue I've faced a few times. I have already visited...
  9. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.: Hello, I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen. Used the cmd (with administrator privileges) and entered the following commands. 1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...