Windows 10: Windows Update Complaint

Discus and support Windows Update Complaint in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So far microsoft has released updates that break drivers, delete files and just cause unwanted chaos on our devices. I would really like the ability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobman279, Oct 19, 2018.

1. bobman279 Win User

Windows Update Complaint

So far microsoft has released updates that break drivers, delete files and just cause unwanted chaos on our devices.

I would really like the ability to disable windows 10 updates or take control of them on Windows 10 Home editions.

Does microsoft ever actually look at these forums and take notice?

Please leave a comment on your ideas about what I have said in this post.

From another member of the public.

:)

bobman279, Oct 19, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Complaint :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 19, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Windows Update Complaint

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Complaint

1. Windows Update Complaint - Similar Threads - Update Complaint

2. Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong: My computer just auto-updated and now my Mahjong has not only large ad bar on the right AND ads on the bottom, but also full page ads that I have to sit and wait to complete before I can continue playing AND the more you play, the long the full page ads run. This is BS....
  3. Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong: My computer just auto-updated and now my Mahjong has not only large ad bar on the right AND ads on the bottom, but also full page ads that I have to sit and wait to complete before I can continue playing AND the more you play, the long the full page ads run. This is BS....
  4. h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...: Beause of mircofte updating without my persmssion I was unable to get into zoom and lost money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/h-ow-do-you-file-an-offical-complaint-against/75a57629-8267-494e-bcd5-a2f54baa1db5
  5. h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...: Beause of mircofte updating without my persmssion I was unable to get into zoom and lost money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/h-ow-do-you-file-an-offical-complaint-against/75a57629-8267-494e-bcd5-a2f54baa1db5
  6. h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 15 pages of complaints from the latest cumulative update and not one response from MS. Why?

15 pages of complaints from the latest cumulative update and not one response from MS. Why?: MS really doesn't care if they break your PC. To bad so sad if they wreck it with a so-called "update". Just as long as they can shove their terrible browser in your face along with countless other worthless items designed to sell you more MS junk and allow them to track even...
  8. update related complaint

update related complaint: when i was updating windows 10 the power suddenly turned off when the power came back the pc was showing undoing updates, after that i cannot access the action center and wifi connections. please tell me a solution for this...
  9. Windows 10 update complaints

Windows 10 update complaints: So an essential Windows update automatically installed & totally destroyed my awesome little laptop over 8 weeks ago now. Spent weeks talking to 5 or 6 MS support workers who basically gave me linksdescribing 10 fool proof methods to fixing this problem - Not one of which...
  10. where do I file a official complaint against microsoft forced updates?

where do I file a official complaint against microsoft forced updates?: This last update I have had it. it nearly cost me my computer when the update took 6 fracking hours to install. And it refused to let my laptop go to power save sleep mode when the lid closed. I am homeless and rely on my laptop to stay connected with the world for...