Windows 10: Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC

Discus and support Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I updated my Windows PC, all my files disappeared, all my settings got reset, and my PC got reset to default all across the board. Now I need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jbhughes54enwiler, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC

When I updated my Windows PC, all my files disappeared, all my settings got reset, and my PC got reset to default all across the board. Now I need a way to restore what I had on it. I had a file history backup, bit File History wasn't detecting my backup, so I had to manually copy the backup into my user folder, which my PC is doing right now. Will this also restore my settings, or will I have to go through and restore those by hand?

submitted by /u/jbhughes54enwiler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jbhughes54enwiler, Aug 12, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 12, 2020
  3. laptop vista complete restore

Backup your important data and games and do a complete reinstall is someone suggested. This will help clean up clogged registry keys that are useless and slows down your PC and also wiping out undetectable spywares or viruses.

spearman914, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC

Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC

1. Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC - Similar Threads - Update Completely Wiped

2. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  3. iCloud for Windows completely wiped my desktop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud for Windows completely wiped my desktop folder: Hello!Today I have installed iCloud for Windows 11.While trying to synchronize photos, I may have selected by mistake the desktop folder in the Shared Albums Album condivisi section.After applying the changes, I completely lost all my desktop files and I cannot retrieve...
  4. iCloud for Windows completely wiped my desktop folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows completely wiped my desktop folder: Hello!Today I have installed iCloud for Windows 11.While trying to synchronize photos, I may have selected by mistake the desktop folder in the Shared Albums Album condivisi section.After applying the changes, I completely lost all my desktop files and I cannot retrieve...
  5. PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC with Windows 10 completely wiped of all data: Windows 10 updated and has completely wiped all apps, files, and history off my computer and i can not use mail or calendar apps. Every time i restart the PC it deletes all the history and bookmarks again, i have very limited knowledge and no idea where to start to fix this,...
  6. Windows update completly breaks my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update completly breaks my pc: Hi, a few months ago I think about 5, after restarting my pc for an update, I realised my microsoft edge was freezing and closing after 5 seconds. I tried everything I saw online related to this issue and no help.I also realised it wasn't only Microsoft edge, but also some...
  7. Update to Windows 2004 completely wiped out all my files

Update to Windows 2004 completely wiped out all my files: Windows 2004 installed on my computer and completely wiped all my files. It's as if it did a total reinstall of Windows to factory default - nothing is there but the bare basics. Apps are gone, files are gone. I use Firefox as my browser of choice and it even wiped that....
  8. Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Completely remove Windows and wipe the drive: I need to completely remove Windows from my drive. I'm doing this because I am reinstalling it on another drive. By the way, could I run into any licensing problems by doing this?...
  9. Windows 10 Update - wiped my pc!!!

Windows 10 Update - wiped my pc!!!: Hi - my windows 10 did some update last night and I have lost absolutely everything off my pc. HP all in one desktop. My pc is now like a brand new computer! Help as the stuff I had on it is irreplaceable and yes I am stupid for not backing up ... ideas please???...
  10. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop: Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to...