Windows 10: Windows Update confusion

Discus and support Windows Update confusion in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In Windows Update, a scan reports that "It looks like all available updates are installed and your PC is up to date" including 2019-07 Cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve_964, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Steve_964 Win User

Windows Update confusion

In Windows Update, a scan reports that "It looks like all available updates are installed and your PC is up to date" including 2019-07 Cumulative Update KB4505903. Yet Windows Update also indicates that KB4505903 is available and has links to "download and install now". How can I remove the information showing it as an update ready to install or is there another issue to address?

:)

Steve_964, Jul 30, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update confusion :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 30, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Windows Update confusion

Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update confusion

1. Windows Update confusion - Similar Threads - Update confusion

2. 22H2 Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 Update Confusion: Yesterday the 22H2 update became available for my machine currently on Windows 11 Home 21H2. Tried to update through Windows update, stalled at 8% downloaded, after 2 hours of waiting, put it on pause because of other commitments, planning to retry updating this evening when...
  3. 22H2 Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 Update Confusion: Yesterday the 22H2 update became available for my machine currently on Windows 11 Home 21H2. Tried to update through Windows update, stalled at 8% downloaded, after 2 hours of waiting, put it on pause because of other commitments, planning to retry updating this evening when...
  4. I confused automatically installed antivirus software with new Windows update, and detleted...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I confused automatically installed antivirus software with new Windows update, and detleted...: After installing uTorrent i had RAV Endpoint Protection,automaticly installed, i actually thaught that it was a strange windows antiwirus update first, and i did the foolishest thing ever-ran a scan with it, it has concluded I have malware, something with my webcam etc and i...
  5. Intel microcode update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intel microcode update confusion: Windows 10 Home v 20H2 x64 Asking about Intel microcode update for Spectre/Meltdown protection. CPU is i5-2400S, and apparently KB4465065 addresses variants of both issues. However confused over whether or not this update can/should be applied: GRC InSpectre reports all...
  6. Small Business In Need of Dire Help Amid Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small Business In Need of Dire Help Amid Update Confusion: Hi, Our Shop has 2 dell laptops both the same models, one is from May 2020 we bought and another in Nov 2020. The May laptop apparently did the 20H2 update but today it has four options on the power button, update and restart, restart, shutdown, and update and shutdown. In...
  7. New Microsoft 2020 updates makes my laptop a lot slower and more confusing

New Microsoft 2020 updates makes my laptop a lot slower and more confusing: So I paused an update since May 2020 and I resume it on Des 2020, I thought this will fix some of my hardware and devices issues, I updated it to 100%, Opened it with caution and big expectation just to look at everything goes down: - Cortana opened again - Almost every...
  8. AMD Driver update confusion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver update confusion: I have a laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfxseen from system properties so can I install Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®. Do it update AMD Radeon settings lite software also? Is that safe?...
  9. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

Help on Oct 2020 update confusion: Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my laptop, this appeared in my power button and now I am concerned that maybe yesterday's update and restart didn't work as it...
  10. Confusing approach to windows updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Confusing approach to windows updates?: This is both a complaint about, and request for how to fix/recognise, an issue involving confusing update messaging by Microsoft. I'm using windows 10-2004 on a desktop. Migrated from windows 7 4 months ago. Recently there were media advisories about an out-of-band...