Windows 10: Windows update connection issues

Discus and support Windows update connection issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kburn99, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Kburn99 Win User

Windows update connection issues

Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed that.Now I am back online on my PC, but windows update was failing to check for updates. The following are the two errors it was throwing into the ReportingEvents.log in the software distribution folder under c:\windows:0x80072f8f 0x80070002 I have followed multiple guides to try and resolve these, including troubleshooters, to no avail. I then found an article which asked to disable windows update service, rename the SoftwareDistribution fol

:)

Kburn99, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows update connection issues

1. Windows update connection issues - Similar Threads - update connection issues

2. Windows update connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update connection issues: Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed that.Now I am back online on my PC, but windows update was failing to check for updates. The following are the two errors it...
  3. Windows update connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update connection issues: Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed that.Now I am back online on my PC, but windows update was failing to check for updates. The following are the two errors it...
  4. Window 10 Update KB5006670 - Issue with Internet Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Update KB5006670 - Issue with Internet Connect: Hello All,Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have run Troubleshoot on Network Adapter and getting the error: "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" Can you please advise how can...
  5. Windows 10 update issue - cannot connect to update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update issue - cannot connect to update service: Hello, Win-10 Pro, Version - 20H2, OS build - 19042.868 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 getting an error with windows update: [img] Am connected to internet. Not sure what the issue is. Had another issue with Outlook, not sure if these are...
  6. Windows 10 Update Ethernet Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update Ethernet Connectivity Issue: My work computer's windows 10 OS updated itself and now I can't connect to the internet. This computer is ethernet only. I need the internet for employment. How do I fix this problem?...
  7. Internet connection issues after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issues after updating: Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine...
  8. Connection Issues after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connection Issues after Updates: After substantial Windows Updates I routinelyalmost always get a issue upon my next startup. Several programs I use will be unable to connect. These programs include Steam, Discord and Glyph a game launcher. It can also affect my web browser, giving me a...
  9. 'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update

'ethernet/Wifi not connected issue' after windows update: Hi, After a recent windows update, I'm unable to connect my laptop to the internet. I've tried resetting the adapters, did an enable, disable of the adapter.. Nothing worked. Please help. Screenshots below, and my computer is hp ts m6 sleekbook Regards, Dheeraj...
  10. Updates and Wired / Wireless Connection Issues

Updates and Wired / Wireless Connection Issues: First, some background, I've been a PC tech for years and currently work as a programmer. I've built and configured hundreds of machines and I know how to systematically observe and troubleshoot issues. I own three machines, an HTPC on WIN 10, my development machine on Win...