Windows 10: Windows update connection issues

Discus and support Windows update connection issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kburn99, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Kburn99 Win User

Windows update connection issues

Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed that.Now I am back online on my PC, but windows update was failing to check for updates. The following are the two errors it was throwing into the ReportingEvents.log in the software distribution folder under c:\windows:0x80072f8f 0x80070002 I have followed multiple guides to try and resolve these, including troubleshooters, to no avail. I then found an article which asked to disable windows update service, rename the SoftwareDistribution fol

:)

Kburn99, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows update connection issues

1. Windows update connection issues - Similar Threads - update connection issues

2. Is there a connectivity issue with the new Windows update [KB5029263]?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a connectivity issue with the new Windows update [KB5029263]?: I've had to uninstall the update twice now, as every time it installs, when I log back into my computer I can no longer connect to my home Wi-Fi. I'm just curious if anyone else is struggling with the same issue with this update?...
  3. Wifi connection issues after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection issues after windows update: My wi-fi disconnects and reconnects around every 30 to 45 minutes, depending. This is a really bothersome problem, especially using VPN. Due to the infrastructure of the apartment, Ethernet and Firewire Ethernet are not options.This came right away with the 21H2 release. By...
  4. Wifi connection issues after windows update

Wifi connection issues after windows update: My wi-fi disconnects and reconnects around every 30 to 45 minutes, depending. This is a really bothersome problem, especially using VPN. Due to the infrastructure of the apartment, Ethernet and Firewire Ethernet are not options.This came right away with the 21H2 release. By...
  5. Issue with connectivity with latest update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with connectivity with latest update.: I'm having an issue where I can't connect any devices on my Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot connection. My devices detect the hotspot but it never connects, It's just an indefinite "Obtaining IP Address..." I saw some threads about this type of issue and their solution doesn't work...
  6. Issue with connectivity with latest update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with connectivity with latest update.: I'm having an issue where I can't connect any devices on my Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot connection. My devices detect the hotspot but it never connects, It's just an indefinite "Obtaining IP Address..." I saw some threads about this type of issue and their solution doesn't work...
  7. Windows update connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update connection issues: Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed that.Now I am back online on my PC, but windows update was failing to check for updates. The following are the two errors it...
  8. Windows update connection issues

Windows update connection issues: Hello,Yesterday I encountered an issue connecting to the internet on my PC. Router was not giving me an IP address. Factory reset of the router fixed that.Now I am back online on my PC, but windows update was failing to check for updates. The following are the two errors it...
  9. Windows 10 Update Ethernet Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update Ethernet Connectivity Issue: My work computer's windows 10 OS updated itself and now I can't connect to the internet. This computer is ethernet only. I need the internet for employment. How do I fix this problem?...
  10. Connection Issues after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connection Issues after Updates: After substantial Windows Updates I routinelyalmost always get a issue upon my next startup. Several programs I use will be unable to connect. These programs include Steam, Discord and Glyph a game launcher. It can also affect my web browser, giving me a...