Windows 10: Windows update consuming data

Discus and support Windows update consuming data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RushikeshPingale_18105, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Windows update consuming data

made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for download and auto install . Still the windows updates are downloading in the background .what do I do now ?

:)

RushikeshPingale_18105, Sep 3, 2020

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Sep 3, 2020
  3. My Windows 10 O.S consumes much data

Hello,

If you're using Windows 10 build 1709, there's an available option to check the data usage. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left panel, click Data usage > Hit View usage details.

Keep us updated with the result.

Regile Reb, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Windows update consuming data

Data consumed for update for no increase

My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 update has been pending and the status has been "Getting things ready - 0%" for
    over 2 days now. My laptop keeps consuming more and more data and no increase in percentage of update is shown. Please help.

VanshAmbashta, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows update consuming data

1. Windows update consuming data - Similar Threads - update consuming data

2. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  3. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  4. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. High Data Consume

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Data Consume: Window High Data Consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consume/a5b557a9-495e-4be7-a7fa-0106a1d841dc
  6. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  7. delivery optimization is consuming data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  8. Consuming too much data

Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  9. Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data: Windows Update delivery optimization process consumes data. What would I have to do to stop upload to other PCs.[ATTACH] Or if the above should be enough, what can I do about it?...
  10. Data consumed for update for no increase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data consumed for update for no increase: My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 update has been pending and the status has been "Getting things ready - 0%" for over 2 days now. My...