Windows 10: Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

Discus and support Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 running on a dell latitude 5490. everytime I wake laptop from sleep windows update is consuming a lot of resources(pfa screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anujsethi06, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

I have windows 10 running on a dell latitude 5490. everytime I wake laptop from sleep windows update is consuming a lot of resources(pfa screen grab). Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well e7da9472-a618-453b-aed4-4fc8d502729b?upload=true.png

when I go to check for updates , there is no update history, last check date is November 2018 and if I try to perform a fresh check it gives below error.

Please advice on how to proceed.

I don't want to reset or recover.

Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well c475e358-d7c8-4d0c-8dcc-5788802aaff8?upload=true.png

:)

anujsethi06, Feb 10, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 10, 2019
  4. TC-man Win User

Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

1. Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well - Similar Threads - Update consuming lots

2. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  3. Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources: Windows defender's scan named as "Anti-malware service executable" simply is consuming a lot of resources and is constantly running in the background. And further, if we do a manual full scan if just peeking the CPU usage I have a i5-10th gen- upper midrange, just imagine the...
  4. Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources: Windows defender's scan named as "Anti-malware service executable" simply is consuming a lot of resources and is constantly running in the background. And further, if we do a manual full scan if just peeking the CPU usage I have a i5-10th gen- upper midrange, just imagine the...
  5. Windows update consuming data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update consuming data: made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for download and auto install . Still the windows updates are downloading in the background .what do I do now ?...
  6. Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.: I am currently on 1909 and recently windows 2004 update appeared on the windows update section maybe 2 days ago . I tried downloading it, but every time I tried to download it, the update got stuck at "getting things ready" 0%, it didn't even move a bit, just 0%. I checked...
  7. Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now: I have been learning Django and Python 3. Nothing has changed but updating my system. I usually have Adobe PDF reader open, Atom and Power Shell running. Prior to update this used about 4 out of the 15gb’s of Ram. Now it’s using closer to 6.5 once I open Firefox it shows...
  8. Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger: A main use of Task Manager is to find which program is consuming resources. Now we need to sort by CPU/sort by Disk/sort By network to find the problem. Its better if list all the huge resource consuming programs at the top of the list what ever the resource is so we don't...
  9. Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...: Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is starting up? How to solve this? This happens every time I turn on my computer or after a restart. Note that: Windows 10 pro (64-bit) is up to date. No issues with hardware. Intel...
  10. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...