Windows 10: Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers

Discus and support Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Fix your stuff, this is super unprofessional. It's happened 3 times now, I searched and I am not the only one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by user_o, Aug 30, 2019.

1. user_o Win User

Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers

Fix your stuff, this is super unprofessional. It's happened 3 times now, I searched and I am not the only one.

:)

user_o, Aug 30, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Apsy Win User
    NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

4. Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers

Nvidia Driver update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers

1. Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers - Similar Threads - Update continuously deletes

2. After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...: Hello,My Gaming LaptopAcer Predator Helios 300 is new and barely 7 months old. When I'm working inside of Unity or Maya or Connect an external display, the computer kept crashing into Blue Screen of Death. The last time it happened I checked the problem details under Windows...
  3. After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Update, Nvidia Installer cannot continue...This graphics driver could not...: Hello,My Gaming LaptopAcer Predator Helios 300 is new and barely 7 months old. When I'm working inside of Unity or Maya or Connect an external display, the computer kept crashing into Blue Screen of Death. The last time it happened I checked the problem details under Windows...
  4. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  5. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  6. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  7. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!: I've been pulling my hair out recently over what I thought was the GPU dying in my laptop but in the past day I have found out its driver related. Basically the issue is that my GPU would stop working and "disappear" from my laptop when it would go over ~30% usage Including...
  9. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  10. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...