Windows 10: Windows Update corrupted My word file

Discus and support Windows Update corrupted My word file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There isnt much to say here other than I was working on an existing word file last night and had auto save turned on, Saved manually before closing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rhett Miller, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Windows Update corrupted My word file

There isnt much to say here other than I was working on an existing word file last night and had auto save turned on, Saved manually before closing my laptop for the night. The next morning a windows update had come through and upon trying to reopen the file word is telling me it is corrupted, I cannot recover this using previous versions in windows or the built in file recovery with word. Since the system restarted there were no files in the unsaved files section any more, and attempting to open the file using 7 zip recovery or notepad++ yielded 0 results. I'm disgusted by this failure and it has cost me thousands of dollars as I will be failing a class I spent all of Easter preparing this paper for.

:)

Rhett Miller, Apr 23, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 23, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Apr 23, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update corrupted My word file

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update corrupted My word file

1. Windows Update corrupted My word file - Similar Threads - Update corrupted word

2. Are my window files corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my window files corrupted?: Cannot interact with the taskbar, start button. Right click on taskbar settings does nothing. I cannot change internet. File explore seems to work. But I am unable to open my computer settings. For example if I right clock on my background and click display settings, I get an...
  3. Are my window files corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are my window files corrupted?: Cannot interact with the taskbar, start button. Right click on taskbar settings does nothing. I cannot change internet. File explore seems to work. But I am unable to open my computer settings. For example if I right clock on my background and click display settings, I get an...
  4. Are my window files corrupted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Word file corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word file corruption: Word file corrupted by "Illegal qualified name character". Unable to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-corruption/667b3e8c-d97a-4dce-afee-6b838675f35c
  6. Word file corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word file corruption: Word file corrupted by "Illegal qualified name character". Unable to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-corruption/667b3e8c-d97a-4dce-afee-6b838675f35c
  7. Word file corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Corrupted word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted word document: My laptop screen froze but the cursor was moving. I could not save or shut down as I was working on Onedrive and Mendeley. I disconnected from power source and it looked restored except that it began configuration with words ''do not switch off your computer''. When it was...
  9. Windows update corrupted word files and they will not print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update corrupted word files and they will not print: My computer updated with KB4560366 on June 22, 2020. I have Windows 10 and Word 365. The Word docs which were open at the time of the updated have been corrupted and will not print. Even if I copy and paste them to a new document, they will not print. Any fixes? These are...
  10. Windows 10 Update Restarted and Corrupted Word Doc files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Restarted and Corrupted Word Doc files: Last night Windows 10 re-started my laptop (without my permission … as I have Windows Update set to Notify for Restart) and all my Word Document files (which were open last night) now won’t open saying they are corrupt. I have resisted for many years, but it looks like it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1903 corrupted word document