Windows 10: WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION

Discus and support WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just had an update for windows 10. Now windows update says it is corrupted need to repair. I click for it to rebuild and it does than back to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kathleen Quinlan, Nov 16, 2018.

1. WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION

Just had an update for windows 10. Now windows update says it is corrupted need to repair. I click for it to rebuild and it does than back to windows update , troubleshoot again and same thing happens. also my cleaner will not delete anything as if Windows Update programmed it not to work. This is insane. Having issues with slowness. I do not know what I should do.

:)

Kathleen Quinlan, Nov 16, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION :)

Thermopylae_480, Nov 16, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION

1. WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTION - Similar Threads - UPDATE CORRUPTION

2. Does windows update get my PC corrupted or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows update get my PC corrupted or not.: A lot of times I finish updating it says no more updates left on my computer after a clean install I restart then update apps or go in a web browser when I restart it says updates underway eventually the screen turns black I click my keyboard to see it went to sleep and it...
  3. Does windows update get my PC corrupted or not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows update get my PC corrupted or not.: A lot of times I finish updating it says no more updates left on my computer after a clean install I restart then update apps or go in a web browser when I restart it says updates underway eventually the screen turns black I click my keyboard to see it went to sleep and it...
  4. My updates are taking too long and almost corrupted my Data!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My updates are taking too long and almost corrupted my Data!: Is there a way for me to stop being nervous? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-updates-are-taking-too-long-and-almost/e5d957bf-c1d9-4b41-ac56-9f1f6044658c
  5. My updates are taking too long and almost corrupted my Data!

My updates are taking too long and almost corrupted my Data!: Is there a way for me to stop being nervous? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-updates-are-taking-too-long-and-almost/e5d957bf-c1d9-4b41-ac56-9f1f6044658c
  6. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  7. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update: how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-startup-corruption-after-bitdefender/901446bd-d0ad-4fc3-b428-118a45ad6cbc
  8. how to fix startup corruption after Bitdefender update

9. Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update: After almost every update of Windows 11 or Visual Studio 2022 Community there are corrupted files on my C: Drive SSD.All updates work fine and install without errors. Only when doing Chkdsk before no errors and after 3-5 errors. A repair with chkdsk /f works most of the time....
  10. Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update

Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update: After almost every update of Windows 11 or Visual Studio 2022 Community there are corrupted files on my C: Drive SSD.All updates work fine and install without errors. Only when doing Chkdsk before no errors and after 3-5 errors. A repair with chkdsk /f works most of the time....