Windows 10: Windows Update crash has corrupted W10

Discus and support Windows Update crash has corrupted W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have already posted this and not had any answer that has produced any resolution. KB4586781 fails to install - Microsoft Community This has led... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tony_277, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Tony_277 Win User

Windows Update crash has corrupted W10

I have already posted this and not had any answer that has produced any resolution.

KB4586781 fails to install - Microsoft Community

This has led to a corrupted Windows 10 installation and so far I have had zero response from Microsoft or the community.

If someone can point me in the right direction to fix this issue I would appreciate it.

Running DISM and SFC did not fix the problems and the only response I could find on this community involved identifying system files from a massive log of technical information and copying them from 'a good source'.

:)

Tony_277, Dec 7, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 7, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 PC Crash when starting Steam and open GPU-Z

May I suggest you look at the PSU for under voltages on all rails. I am in the process of RMA on a Corsair HX850 that was giving low voltages and Steam was crashing since November 2016 and it took a long time to diagnose as it only crashed in Steam. Windows 7 installation became corrupt so I switched to W10 and problem still occurred. My 3.3v = 2.9v and showed up red in the Bios. 5.5v= 4.49v and 12v = 11.29v.

jsfitz54, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Windows Update crash has corrupted W10

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update crash has corrupted W10

1. Windows Update crash has corrupted W10 - Similar Threads - Update crash has

2. Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.: Ive done all the sfc scan nows and dcim deals i can find on here no clue what to do please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-kernel-crashes-and-corrupt-updates/8f384dfc-0b48-4f87-a57a-cf212c07436d
  3. Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.: Ive done all the sfc scan nows and dcim deals i can find on here no clue what to do please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-kernel-crashes-and-corrupt-updates/8f384dfc-0b48-4f87-a57a-cf212c07436d
  4. Windows 10 update has corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update has corrupted files: I downloaded the optional windows 10 update and now i get a bsod, it tries to repair itself and fails to do it, I've tried everything i found online and nothing has worked...
  5. Update has corrupted my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has corrupted my computer: You have just performed an update on my new laptop and I get "Something happened and our PIN isn't available. Click to see up your PIN again." This opens a box for me to log into Microsoft but the keyboard doesn't work so I can't do anything. I have restarted the computer...
  6. Windows Update has crashed PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update has crashed PC: Hi, I have a Dell desktop, less than 1 year old. I downloaded the latest windows update yesterday which made my PC "crash" - kept getting "checking media presence". Dell directed me to the Currys tech guys who recommended reinstalling windows - my PC was stuck on 2% for...
  7. Did recent W10 updates cause crashes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did recent W10 updates cause crashes?: Windows 10 is freezing recently (existing programs such internet, windows UI-startup, Task manager, etc all freezes). However, I click still go into my drive folders (C Drive, D Drive) and open new files. I did virus scan, Prime95 tests (no errors), and monitored my heat (no...
  8. Bad blocks reported on an SSD - or has parts of W10 got corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad blocks reported on an SSD - or has parts of W10 got corrupted?: Several times a week when I switch on my W10 PC and before the desktop appears, I see a message saying "scanning and repairing". The percentage complete status of this always stays on "14%" for a good 5 minutes, before quickly finishing, and then I see the desktop. Once...
  9. W10 v1511 Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 v1511 Corrupt files?: I have six machines that I've upgraded/fresh installed W10. Seems like somewhere along the W10 upgrade obstacle course 5 of the 6 systems say that the window files are corrupt and "SFC /SCANNOW" cannot correct the problem(s). I haven't checked the sixth system! I then run...
  10. Corrupt W10 Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt W10 Preview: On the same computer I have W10 and W10 Preview on separate SSD.s , hot swapping to keep them separate. both on the same M$ Account. W10 works perfectly , but Preview is corrupt , will not open Metro tiles. Did Admin Command prompts, Scannow and Dism checkhealth and...