Windows 10: Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another

Discus and support Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So earlier I wrote on this site about how the recent Windows update deleted my option to use Wi-Fi. And was only able to use the Ethernet option. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by christophersedaca, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another

So earlier I wrote on this site about how the recent Windows update deleted my option to use Wi-Fi. And was only able to use the Ethernet option. After going to settings and clicking to set my PC back to a previous state, I have been on

"Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored, System Restore is restoring the registry"

It has been stuck on this screen for 3-4 hours now, I really shouldnt have to do this in the first place as my Laptop worked completely fine before this update!!

Laptop is HP

:)

christophersedaca, Nov 18, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 18, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another

1. Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another - Similar Threads - Update Creates Problem

2. Problem leading to problem on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Problem leading to problem on Windows 10: It all started when my searchbar wasnt working. I searched up how to fix it and people on the microsoft forum said to do this:Use the system file checker to repair possible corrupted or missing system files.1. Press "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to open Task Manager;2. Select "File >...
  3. Problem leading to problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem leading to problem on Windows 10: It all started when my searchbar wasnt working. I searched up how to fix it and people on the microsoft forum said to do this:Use the system file checker to repair possible corrupted or missing system files.1. Press "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to open Task Manager;2. Select "File >...
  4. Problem leading to problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update problems leading to several driver failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update problems leading to several driver failures: hi.. i have been trying to install updates available on my laptop. without the update my drivers are not working such as there is no audio and no brightness settings. But when i am downloading the update it is saying that there is an error of 0x80070002 to update my windows....
  6. One BSOD leads to another

One BSOD leads to another: A few days ago, Igor Leyko helped me thru a BSOD issue caused by a bad driver from Arcsoft.. After rebooting a few times it looked to be fixed. Now It looks like i have another conflict when Windows boots to complete an update. Here is my Mem dump on onedrive...
  7. Another Windows Update Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another Windows Update Problem: Greetings everyone, I thank all of you in advance for reading this. I am deperate at this point So here I am, with my Windows 1607 build, I know pretty old. And I am finally trying to update, but my built in Windows Updater is not working. It just says "Downloading Updates...
  8. microsoft update leads to problem

microsoft update leads to problem: after the mid-Nov update, the touchscreen keyboard on my Microsoft connect 10" tablet PC has been disabled. I am unable to log on, and can only switch the power on and off. I do not have a separate keyboard to connect....
  9. Another "Windows update" with problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another "Windows update" with problems: For history Windows update 1803 partitioned my hard drive; which I was able to restore./resolve.. . " Now my hard now has 5 partitions, performance is record low or my system crashes... What caused this and how do I fix it?...
  10. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...