Windows 10: Windows Update Database Error

Discus and support Windows Update Database Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have reinstalled my Windows 10, it shows Windows Update Database Error. Troubleshooting couldn't solve the issue please help [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobinRaju, Dec 4, 2018.

1. RobinRaju Win User

Windows Update Database Error

I have reinstalled my Windows 10,

it shows Windows Update Database Error. Troubleshooting couldn't solve the issue

please help

Windows Update Database Error 2e25ad52-6a38-4196-bb01-799c1c76627a?upload=true.png

:)

RobinRaju, Dec 4, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Updating error, potentional error in Windows Update-Database.

Hi EmmzYeeh,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

“Potential Windows Update Database” can appear during different processes regarding Windows Update. It can appear while simply updating Windows to a newer version.

1. May know if you are seeing "Potential Windows Update Database “error on your computer?
    2. Are you aware of any major updates that were installed recently?
    I suggest you to follow the below method, and check if that works.

Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

I recommend you to download troubleshooter for Windows 10, follow this article

Windows Update Troubleshooter

Method 2: Dism to restore health.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a tool designed to service and repair Windows images. It is reported to have saved the day for some users by fixing the annoying Windows database error.

1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Type the following command and press Enter:
    3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Method 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

Another fix for the ‘Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected’ issue implies resetting Windows Update components. I suggest you to follow the article

How do I reset Windows Update Components?
    , and Check if that work.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Windows Update Database Error

Potential Windows Update database error detected

I have the same problem.....potential diwndows update database error since the creators update

and it causes dumps

ThomasMerigan, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Database Error

1. Windows Update Database Error - Similar Threads - Update Database Error

2. Windows updated database error ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated database error ?: I am in need of some help, I cant update my windows to the latest version and My driver is outdated which i cant update until the newest version of W10. My computer has been dormant for a while , I done numerous updates and went to do the final update of w10 20h2 and it had...
  3. potential windows update database error

potential windows update database error: - cannot figure out how to run ResetWUEng as administrator -help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potential-windows-update-database-error/402f2dc7-5025-42d4-8576-553bee9754ff
  4. Window Update Database errors

Window Update Database errors: I tried Window Update Tool via Microsoft website.. doesn't work I done Command Prompt with SFC and its come up with 100% its wont update cos of the database errors aaarrrggghhhh...
  5. Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited): I need help. I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read ”Getting Windows ready. Don’t turn off your computer” So I took out the battery, put it back in and turned the power on....
  6. Updating database error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating database error: I'd like to know why does it keep popping up that I need to fix database update error when I just got this CPU in May: It also had me doing update on certain social media apps on the daily. But yes, how do I update any database errors ( the simplest way please) on a Windows...
  7. database error

database error: potential database error detected do troubleshoot does not fix problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/database-error/a5ea2e20-50f2-4dcc-917c-be2eeae658d4
  8. database error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    database error: Error Number: 42000/105 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/database-error/effb10bb-c088-4809-a681-9b841d24d4eb
  9. Database Error - Windows Update

Database Error - Windows Update: Reported by Troubleshooter, need to know how to repair. Also: Unable to install KB4487017 Error Code 0X800f922. (note that 7017 not on service stack list) Not sure I want to install this update due to the number of reported problems with it, but cannot deal with constant...
  10. Updating error, potentional error in Windows Update-Database.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating error, potentional error in Windows Update-Database.: At first I thought it might be a separate error in my apps only, but now I'm not so sure as there is error in the updates I can't fix. The error is really weird and I'm not really sure if I can fix it myself. There has been an error in my app games too. I would finish levels,...