Windows 10: Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...

Discus and support Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After endless problems with windows update on my 1 year old asus laptup, i decided to give myself a treat last month because it was my birthday: It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeneMessina, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...

After endless problems with windows update on my 1 year old asus laptup, i decided to give myself a treat last month because it was my birthday: It was the best present i could of given myself: I decided to not allow it to update at all in may so that i could use my computer without the usual snafu.

Of course, come june it was time to pay the piper : to download and install said updates so that i could play catch up and, perhaps unwisely upgrade to the much vaunted 1903 build....this is where it get's really annoying: surprisingly the updates i needed to bring me up to the threshold of 1903 actually downloaded with only one failed install that corrected the second time i tried...though there were some oddities: firstly i noticed that it had wiped my update history..o.k, annoying but not the end of the world, as winver showed that i was indeed up to date....buuuut...secondly and more disturbingly, update took it upon itself to flash my bios with what i thought must of been a newer, better version that came out in january of this year....unfortunately, at this time my battery seemed to go wonky, and would not charge anymore...so, i spent the last 24hrs taking my laptop apart ( my battery is not the easilly removable sort), borrowing chargers, messing with calibration, monitoring software and the like...all to no avail...though i did think that it had something to do with the updates, i knew it was almost certainly impossible to roll back my bios to the earlier version and system restoring of course only removed the windows updates (leaving me with a now totally blank update history..grrrrr!!)..so with the problem unsolved and knowing that my machine was offering no further updates to bios, i decided to look on the asus site....lo and behold there was a later bios (6 months later in fact) available for me to flash....so, with much trepidation i flashed this new bios and thank satan it sorted out my battery problem.

Which is all well and good...until i realized that i wont be offered 1903 again until i reinstall the updates: including the rogue bios "update" that caused such chagrin.... am i being offered this older and faulty bios because 1903 won't work with the latset, non-faulty one, or did update just decide to throw that one in out of pure sadism? either way it doesn't look like i'm getting 1903 without screwing up my battery charging again (the last time decreased it's health permanantly by 6% btw).....any solutions?...anybody? ...sigh......

:)

DeneMessina, Jun 10, 2019

2. BIOS update

i have momo GA-945PL-S3P(rev. 6.6) BIOS version (f4)
    when i look in gigabyte website i found f5,f6,f7,f8 BIOS versions for my momo.
    do i need to update my BIOS version ?
    if i have to update, shall i install the last one (f8 ) or install each one ?
    is it risky to update my BIOS version because i have no experience in bois update , is there easy step to update my bois?

lover_pharaoh2002, Jun 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...

1. Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery... - Similar Threads - update decided install

2. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  3. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC: According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?...
  4. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC: According to Microsoft Docs, Windows 10 has Powershell 5.1 installed by default. But, I still have v5.0 in my computer. What could be the reason behind it? How can I update it?...
  5. An older version of PowerShell is installed in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 older version, lost access to it when my motherboard battery failed. Installed...

Windows 10 older version, lost access to it when my motherboard battery failed. Installed...: How can I go back to previous Windows 10 that it's located in windows.old folder. I don't have that option displayed in setting/recovery window. Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started....
  7. Installing an older version of Windows Defender...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing an older version of Windows Defender...: Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit version 1909 What will happen if I download an older version of Windows defender now that I have a newer version installed? Will the newer version still take precedence and NOT install the older version? I ran into the same problem as others did...
  8. Updating BIOS on older equipment

Updating BIOS on older equipment: When going to HP for an upgrade I kept getting the old song and dance about not having the correct system to go with the older computer. I am running Windows 10 Pro, not only that, I am using version 2004 build 19041.113. No BIOS available. Using a little Computer logic I...
  9. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...
  10. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is updating to older versions and resets my pc