Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

Discus and support Windows Update Default Settings Question?. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by saltyseadog, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:13 AM.

1. saltyseadog Win User

Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen mentioned below Iset them all to off without writing down the default settings. Wondered if someone could kindly give me the default settings for the Upload/Download Settings in
    Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced Options>Delivery Optimization>Advanced Screen?.

:)

2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

4. Monica Cam Win User

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows Update Default Settings Question?. ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Thema:

1. Windows Update Default Settings Question?. - Similar Threads - Update Default Settings

2. Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Edge: Since last update i am no longer able to use windows edge or its associated programs. Have tried restart, and update did not work. Any suggestions before I return to an earlier version where it works?...
  3. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...
  4. Windows Cannot Find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Find: When I download an exe file, like iTunes for example, and click on "Open" I always get this message: "Windows cannot find C:\users\*myPCname*\Desktop\iTunesSetup.exe". I can't open about 40% of the stuff on my PC due to this issue....
  5. how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?

how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?: How do I update Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-update-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro/144936ff-5732-4138-a371-cf571cf466f8
  6. Windows 10 keep crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  7. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison: Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-home-sl-and-em-comparison/38b6478c-485c-4472-9ad3-91a448463b27
  8. I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt)

I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt): I have this error ... Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... but i have windows 10 Home preinstall on my Yoga 920 .I can not instaled windows.First time I want upgrade windows 10 pro and after i have this error.Please help me .[ATTACH]...
  9. Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?: Utorrent will not run on my laptop does any1 know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/why-will-utorrent-not-install-on-to-my-windows-10/80aaf0da-6166-4021-b285-e639215cfcca
  10. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...