Windows 10: Windows Update/Defender Errors ...? HELP

Discus and support Windows Update/Defender Errors ...? HELP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i have been getting this error when trying to update windows. [ATTACH] And windows defender is not working anymore. [ATTACH] Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by egzoncfc, Oct 14, 2018.

1. egzoncfc Win User

Windows Update/Defender Errors ...? HELP

Hello, i have been getting this error when trying to update windows.

Windows Update/Defender Errors ...? HELP 10dfc637-26e9-4f2d-8843-3f175b069e51?upload=true.png

And windows defender is not working anymore.

Windows Update/Defender Errors ...? HELP efc3ac9b-8c17-4bdc-9d62-7b35b5176152?upload=true.png

Please help me fix this problem.

:)

egzoncfc, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows defender update error. Error code: 0x80240438

Hi Tensandunit,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know a few more details on the below questions.

1. Is the status of the Windows Defender active?

2. Did you check if there was any recent update already installed for Windows Defender?

Now, refer to the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.
    E. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Arul_D, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 14, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update/Defender Errors ...? HELP - Similar Threads - Update Defender Errors

2. Windows Defender error update - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender error update - 0x80070643: When I update my computer, this error in the windows defender. I don't update, but the error when i go update is 0x80070643. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-error-update-0x80070643/8b583adf-c7d7-4017-8199-f8a1cbb638ec
  3. Windows Defender update error 0x80070643

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender update error 0x80070643: Can't update. Can't resolve the problem. sfc /scannow did not find integrity violation. chkdsk scan also did not find any problem. Full anti-malware scan did not find any threat. I ran offline scan but I have no clue how to find the result. What gave? 181831
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER and UPDATE ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS DEFENDER and UPDATE ERROR: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Computer fails to update and security failed and there is no any third party antivirus installed in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-and-update-error/d6cc61e3-77db-425f-885a-810d7f2a435a
  5. Windows update, Windows defender, error 0x80070424 NEED HELP.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update, Windows defender, error 0x80070424 NEED HELP.: So, my windows defender cant scan, its turned On but I cant scan anything, after clicking scan it just does nothing. I went a bit further and tried to update my windows 10 pro but I have a error 0x80070424 and tried to update it manually, BUT! After waiting 20 or so minutes...
  6. Windows Defender Update Error

Windows Defender Update Error: Every time I try to manually update defender it keeps telling me "virus and spyware definitions could not be updated" and gives me an error code of 0x8024002e Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  7. error when updating windows defender

error when updating windows defender: update keeps failing on windows defender and Microsoft store apps. On troubleshoot I get same error code 0x80070015 on both. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-updating-windows-defender/f0b62657-485a-44e1-b08d-b3289620919b"
  8. error in window defender updating

error in window defender updating: my window defender update is failed many times due to some error or so how to be continue update my window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/error-in-window-defender-updating/6bbb115d-41c5-4e09-8180-c55f04ccd235
  9. windows defender update error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows defender update error: While updating I got following error. What to do? --- There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • Definition Update for Windows Defender -...
  10. Windows Defender Manual Update Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Manual Update Error: When I attempt to do a manual update of Windows Defender definitions I get an error message. From the Windows Defender Security Center, clicking "Check for Updates" results in the message shown in the following screen shot: [img] When I attempt manual update from...