Windows 10: Windows Update delay options are missing in my Windows 10 Pro laptop

Discus and support Windows Update delay options are missing in my Windows 10 Pro laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my system from Home to Pro edition. I then had the option to delay feature updates and security updates. I did install 1903 in July and just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alicia J, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Alicia J Win User

Windows Update delay options are missing in my Windows 10 Pro laptop

I upgraded my system from Home to Pro edition. I then had the option to delay feature updates and security updates. I did install 1903 in July and just noticed that my delay updates function is now missing. I only have the option to delay for 35 days. It's like Microsoft thinks I still have the Home version.

How do I fix this?

:)

Alicia J, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

AFAIK Microsoft have not yet officially acknowledged this bug, so I'm not surprised that their support is unaware of it. It is however an entirely reproducible effect and can easily be fixed by using Regedit to set 'DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays' or 'DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays' back to zero, then clicking 'Check for updates'.

Open Regedit, in the address bar at the top type Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings and press the Enter key.

Windows Update delay options are missing in my Windows 10 Pro laptop [​IMG]

If the value for 'DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays' or 'DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays' is anything other than 0, right-click on it and select Modify. Enter the value 0 then click OK.

You can then close Regedit. Go to Update & Security - Windows Update in Settings and click 'Check for updates'. The defer options will then reappear in Advanced settings.

The bug is only that these settings disappear in Settings when you set them to anything above 0 days. They still seem to be effective in deferring updates, even if you cannot see them.

3. AsRock Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Sep 29, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Windows Update delay options are missing in my Windows 10 Pro laptop winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update delay options are missing in my Windows 10 Pro laptop - Similar Threads - Update delay options

2. Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro: Windows 10 pro user missing enrollment option in setting, I go to Settings > Accounts > Access Work or School and "Enroll only in device management" setting not found.Clicked on "Connect". Sign in to the user account but the "Info" Option still missing to sync the Intune...
  3. Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro: Windows 10 pro user missing enrollment option in setting, I go to Settings > Accounts > Access Work or School and "Enroll only in device management" setting not found.Clicked on "Connect". Sign in to the user account but the "Info" Option still missing to sync the Intune...
  4. Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro: Hi Support,Windows 10 pro user missing enrollment option in setting, I searched a lot but nothing is working, and Installing new windows is not an option for this business device, please advise if there is work around this besides Company Portal...
  6. Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro: Hi Support,Windows 10 pro user missing enrollment option in setting, I searched a lot but nothing is working, and Installing new windows is not an option for this business device, please advise if there is work around this besides Company Portal...
  7. Enrollment Option Missing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Pro v2004 - Missing Setting for Delaying Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro v2004 - Missing Setting for Delaying Feature Updates: Now that I've updated to v2004, I can no longer delay Feature Updates for my preferred 270-days via Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/Advanced Options. However, I did find an article at How to Delay Windows 10 Updates PCMag...
  9. Cellular option missing for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular option missing for windows 10 pro: Hello! My laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad x220 Tablet. It came with win 7, which I activated with my official key for PRO version, located under my battery. I inserted my new SIM card in the slot for it and immediately my laptop has seen it as BG GLOBUL (the network operator)...
  10. 10 Pro update delay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 Pro update delay: I just did a fresh reinstall of 10 Pro. When I go to Settings, Windows Update, Advanced Options I can Choose how updates are installed or Get Insider Preview builds. Where did the Choose when updates are installed option go? I need to delay future updates but lost the option...