Windows 10: Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again!

Discus and support Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ****!!! Two times now this has happened. It's a good thing that I don't keep many photos on my computer that are not already backed up but really?! Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Top Shelf, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Top Shelf Win User

Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again!

****!!! Two times now this has happened. It's a good thing that I don't keep many photos on my computer that are not already backed up but really?! Why is this happening? I am not happy with the new Windows. I will most likely be switching to a Chrome Book after this one kicks the bucket.

:)

Top Shelf, Sep 3, 2020

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again!

Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again!

1. Windows Update Deleted All My Photos, Again! - Similar Threads - Update Deleted Photos

2. Catastrophic error deleted all my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Catastrophic error deleted all my photos: Hello, i desperately need help...Ok..so I was trying to free up some space on my phone, and was moving files from my samsung phone, to a usb drive via my laptopHowever it encountered a castastrophic failure/error or something...as a result i pressed skip on all of the files...
  3. Catastrophic error deleted all my photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Catastrophic error deleted all my photos: Hello, i desperately need help...Ok..so I was trying to free up some space on my phone, and was moving files from my samsung phone, to a usb drive via my laptopHowever it encountered a castastrophic failure/error or something...as a result i pressed skip on all of the files...
  4. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  5. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  6. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos

Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos: My Panic level is at a 100 out of 10! ALL my work photos and videos (YT channel) were deleted by the latest Windows 10 automated update. I've tried all recommended "recovery" advice from similar posts and haven't been able to find any of them? My life's work has been deleted...
  8. Windows update deleted all of my documents

Windows update deleted all of my documents: How do I get my documents back? All of my office, photos, music everything is gone, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-of-my-documents/58ec1a7d-83eb-4c52-a3c0-6aa31730ac33
  9. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...
  10. Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again.

in Windows 10 Support
    Uh oh, Windows update deleted all font settings again.: Ugh. This is two back to back major windows updates that has erased my ability to change my fonts. The last time, I came to this forum and copied a ton of registry edits to change the font size and type. Those registry edits no longer work. So i'm hoping someone here knows a...