Windows 10: Windows update deleted all of my documents

Discus and support Windows update deleted all of my documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I get my documents back? All of my office, photos, music everything is gone, what can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatBrown4, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PatBrown4 Win User

Windows update deleted all of my documents

How do I get my documents back? All of my office, photos, music everything is gone, what can I do?

:)

PatBrown4, Aug 4, 2019
  2. SP1969 Win User

Deleting multiple documents

That is simply more steps. What I want is for it to automatically select the next document in the list... so all I have to do is keep hitting delete. I know how to highlight sections or multiple documents... But I shouldn't have to select multiple at
    a time. As it is now, I have to physically select the next document in the list then hit delete.

For example, in Outlook, I can run down my list of emails for the day and just hit delete. Fast and simple.

I was once able to do that in Explorer.

SP1969, Sep 29, 2019
  3. SojiO Win User
    I can't delete words documents

Thanks a million, you made me look like an expert. Suggestion worked.

SojiO, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Windows update deleted all of my documents

Lost documents after Windows update.

Here are two suggestions:

• Have a look in the folder C:\Windows.old\Users\MjKoval\Documents.
    Implement a robust backup scheme. If you have very important documents then they must be stored on two independent media.
    Do not wait until they are lost.

Frederik Long, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows update deleted all of my documents

1. Windows update deleted all of my documents - Similar Threads - update deleted documents

2. Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents: I turned on my computer Monday morning and windows 10 had been updated to Windows 11. All of my documents and photos are gone. Everytime there was a past option to update to windows 11 I DECLINED. I didnt want it. When I turned on my computer the other morning it was updating...
  3. Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents: I turned on my computer Monday morning and windows 10 had been updated to Windows 11. All of my documents and photos are gone. Everytime there was a past option to update to windows 11 I DECLINED. I didnt want it. When I turned on my computer the other morning it was updating...
  4. Update Deleted Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Deleted Documents: I installed the latest Windows update last week and all my desktop documents were deleted, and other documents went missing. I located the 'My Documents' folder and moved it to the desktop. To recover my desktop documents I uninstalled the update. This meant that the 'My...
  5. OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures: I was wondering if there is anyway aside from a recovery program e.g., Recuva, Windows File Recovery to recovery my files?Here is what happened...I installed OneDrive business on my personal computer. OneDrive now automatically backs up your Documents and Pictures --...
  6. New update deleted my Documents files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update deleted my Documents files: After updating my Windows this morning, my documents files got wiped. I had lots of important things in there including months of data for PHD thesis. I'm really lost and I don't know what to do now... submitted by /u/Zackufairu [link] [comments]...
  7. windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents: windows keeps deleting all my documents, accounts and settings. first questions is why, second question is how do I stop it from doing that? (without a hammer)...
  8. Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Documents

Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Documents: How can I recover my documents folder deleted by recent Windows 10 update. I am desperately looking for help with this. I have looked in the suggested folders etc., but no luck. My pictures are there but the documents folder is GONE. Please help. Very important documents have...
  9. Lost all my documents after an update

Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...
  10. Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!

Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!: Last night I updated to 1809, and it all went smoothly, but then I find that all my files in Documents are DELETED. Gone. Poof. This included many crucial documents and financial info. Yes, I have a backup (I think - using Windows Backup to a NAS). But this is pretty bad. Did...