Windows 10: Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop

Discus and support Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop updated as usual, but this time when I tried to use it, turns out thanks to the update, it deleted everything from programs, to important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Erick Jaimes, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop

My laptop updated as usual, but this time when I tried to use it, turns out thanks to the update, it deleted everything from programs, to important work files, and pictures. Anything I could do to get everything back?

:)

Erick Jaimes, Dec 10, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 10, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop

1. Windows Update Deleted Everything From My Laptop - Similar Threads - Update Deleted Everything

2. delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10: delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-everything-from-my-laptop-lenovo-windows-10/a7c8bbab-6846-49ab-a937-f882cb8455f5
  3. delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10: delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-everything-from-my-laptop-lenovo-windows-10/a7c8bbab-6846-49ab-a937-f882cb8455f5
  4. delete everything from my laptop lenovo windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my computer updated and deleted everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer updated and deleted everything: None of my files were backed up and i really need the iles back. I need serious help as these were school documents. is there any way to get my stuff back? if so how...
  6. updates deletes everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates deletes everything: Hi I bought my laptop a year ago and every time I install updates I lose EVERYTHING in my DOCUMENTS and DOWNLOADS folders. This is starting to wreck my head! Can you explain to me how to STOP the stupid updates apart from ignoring the message that says 'windows needs to...
  7. Deleting EVERYTHING from pc

Deleting EVERYTHING from pc: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 15-ABR I want to donate it to a school so they can give it to a pupil. I need to delete everything but leave the Windows 10 on it. I looked a video that said press the novo button which was either near the start button or on the left side. There is...
  8. Windows update deleted 50% of everything on my pc

Windows update deleted 50% of everything on my pc: Today Windows decided to update itself without warning, and I thought "not a big deal happens all the time". But then. My pc turned on. Only for me to discover that 50% of everything on my pc was gone. No trace of it having ever been there. It changed the layout I had set up...
  9. Windows update deletes everything

Windows update deletes everything: Windows 10 is forcing an update every few days and each update results in the deletion of all my documents, pics, settings etc. Extremely aggravating. How can i resolve this? I have a software product to recover docs but what I really need is to stop the update process...
  10. How to delete everything on my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete everything on my laptop?: I'm trying to wipe my hard drive in order for my computer to be fast again. Since there was some malware exposed to my computer, and resetting it didn't work, this is my only option. Is there special buttons I need to press, so it can be the laptop that I knew and loved when...