Windows 10: windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords!

Discus and support windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help - the update (just finished) appears to have deleted everything!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterOvens, Jun 13, 2019.

1. windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords!

Help - the update (just finished) appears to have deleted everything!

:)

PeterOvens, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords! ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 13, 2019
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Jun 13, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords!

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords!

1. windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords! - Similar Threads - update deleted everything

2. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud: Bought a new PC-Win 11. OneDrive is installed and all works/syncs fine. Have an old PC-Win 10. OneDrive is still on it and all works/syncs fine. I want to reset the old Win 10 PC and no longer use OneDrive on that PC.Based on what I've read my plan is to do the following...
  3. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud: Bought a new PC-Win 11. OneDrive is installed and all works/syncs fine. Have an old PC-Win 10. OneDrive is still on it and all works/syncs fine. I want to reset the old Win 10 PC and no longer use OneDrive on that PC.Based on what I've read my plan is to do the following...
  4. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin: I deleted all my files in Onedrive, and then tried to restore all files in the Recycle Bin, but no files appear. Is there any way to call Microsoft and have them restore these files? Btw, I was horrified to see the complete lack of support for home users. The less I have to...
  6. OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin: I deleted all my files in Onedrive, and then tried to restore all files in the Recycle Bin, but no files appear. Is there any way to call Microsoft and have them restore these files? Btw, I was horrified to see the complete lack of support for home users. The less I have to...
  7. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.: Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the recycling bin. Has anyone else experienced this? It really makes not sense becuase I don't share anything or synchronize onedrive to...
  8. Lost ALL of my personal files, including passwords, family photos, and everything. Rant

Lost ALL of my personal files, including passwords, family photos, and everything. Rant: So my old computer and my laptop both got the "windows defender disabled" worm it spread without my action or knowledge, so i reinstalled everything. All is fine now except for the fact all my files are gone. The laptop not so much a big deal we learned from previous crashes...
  9. Recover deleted account including all files / documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover deleted account including all files / documents: Hi - Just purchased a new laptop and I've been so smart to make new accounts for the family members and when done deleted the standard account that came with the computer - i did made sure that one of the new account my own was setup as admin. However we have been working...
  10. sellingcomputor. How to delete everything including os on windows 10

sellingcomputor. How to delete everything including os on windows 10: can I clean the hard drive completely to install a different op https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sellingcomputor-how-to-delete-everything-including/f5fd9261-5ef8-4997-bfbd-04216d4b1667"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update deleted everything

2. windows updated and deleted everything

3. windows update erased everything

4. my documents 2019,
  5. windows update has deleted everything,
  6. windows update dleted everything,
  7. microsoft 10 everything deleted,
  8. retreaving passwords after windows update,
  9. windows 10 update everything deleted,
  10. windows 10 update deleted everything,
  11. windows update deleted outlook,