Windows 10: Windows update deleted MATLAB?

Discus and support Windows update deleted MATLAB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so the other day I updated my Windows 10 to the newest version on my desktop in the settings. On my desktop, I have the program MATLAB, before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harry117, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Harry117 Win User

Windows update deleted MATLAB?

Hi, so the other day I updated my Windows 10 to the newest version on my desktop in the settings. On my desktop, I have the program MATLAB, before I did the update everything seemed fine with MATLAB, but after the Windows update the MATLAB program was gone. I still have the MATLAB installation files and my MATLAB project files, but the program was gone and I was not able to run it obviously. I was able to redownload MATLAB easily and everything has been fine for the most part since then. My questions are, why did this happen? And is this something to be concerned about?

Thank you.

:)

Harry117, Mar 15, 2021
  2. creativus Win User

Windows 10 Restarting Itself While Running Matlab

I had been using Matlab on Windows 10 at work and Windows 7 at home.
    At work, before leaving I often close anything that I can easily close(disconnect, close antivirus and other programs...), set a customized power plan to turn off the display after 1 minute and never put the computer to sleep and start Matlab to do its work until I come back. But last week I returned to find only a blackscreen with only option to close the computer 2 times consecutively, so I reinstalled Windows 10. This time I returned to find the sign-in screen and when I signed in I found the programs I closed working but Matlab wasn't, which suggests it restarted itself.
    Can you help me with this ?

creativus, Mar 15, 2021
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 15, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update deleted MATLAB? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update deleted MATLAB? - Similar Threads - update deleted MATLAB

2. Couldn't save File in Matlab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Couldn't save File in Matlab: I am unable to save the .m9 file that I have made in Matlab and this window pops out !It is saying to contact the administrator to obtain permission.Please help to resolve this issue as soon as possible....
  3. matlab

matlab: I installed Matlab. I am trying to use it offline and using installation key. And when i open setup it says installer error and will not open. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/matlab/3d5da212-5709-4f83-b6a8-a2dba817b7d1
  4. Weird broken text in MATLAB and ANDROID STUDIO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird broken text in MATLAB and ANDROID STUDIO: I know from the title it looks like this isn't something that should be asked here but since it's two separate applications that are facing the same problem, I am pretty sure it has to be some problem with my system, and upon explaining this problem to the MATLAB support team...
  5. Weird broken text in MATLAB and ANDROID STUDIO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird broken text in MATLAB and ANDROID STUDIO: I know from the title it looks like this isn't something that should be asked here but since it's two separate applications that are facing the same problem, I am pretty sure it has to be some problem with my system, and upon explaining this problem to the MATLAB support team...
  6. BSCOD while running MATLAB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSCOD while running MATLAB: Hi all, My computer keeps crashing while running MATLAB, however MATLAB isn't giving me any error code. I was hoping someone could help me diagnose my issue. I have attached my .dmp files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhmUCMoEoNy7l0sHjZ0acrKMUCpW The last error code I...
  7. How to import data from a Google Cloud database into Matlab?

How to import data from a Google Cloud database into Matlab?: From Matlab I want to import all the datathat is found in a database that is hosted on Google Cloud Google Cloud SQL but I don't know if a driver is needed or the default software allows connection to a Google Cloud database. Which are the steps to follow? Can I use a...
  8. MATLAB installer fails to start

MATLAB installer fails to start: I have Windows 10 Education (x64) and I have tried to install both R2018b and R2010a of MATLAB, it unzips the files in a temp folder, runs the C++ Redistributable, pops startup screen and then it vanishes in seconds. Thanks in advance....
  9. Can't install Matlab R2006a!!! Help!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Matlab R2006a!!! Help!!!: I was testing Windows 10 at work since 2 weeks and decided to go for it but today I discovered that I'm unable to install the Matlab version we have! Installation starts and I'm able to enter information and when I get to the typical or custom I can't go further ! It seems...
  10. Windows 10 Restarting Itself While Running Matlab

Windows 10 Restarting Itself While Running Matlab: I had been using Matlab on Windows 10 at work and Windows 7 at home. At work, before leaving I often close anything that I can easily close(disconnect, close antivirus and other programs...), set a customized power plan to turn off the display after 1 minute and never put...