Windows 10: windows update deleted my profile

Discus and support windows update deleted my profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After an windows 10 update, my profile was deleted missing desktop, document, I tried the 4 restart, I check for recent update and cannot find one, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by franksantiesteban, Dec 28, 2020.

1. windows update deleted my profile

After an windows 10 update, my profile was deleted missing desktop, document, I tried the 4 restart, I check for recent update and cannot find one, the update happen this morning. No temp prof;le pr .000 profile windows 10 version 2004 any help in recovering files will help,

:)

franksantiesteban, Dec 28, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 28, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done windows update deleted my profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 28, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

windows update deleted my profile

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

windows update deleted my profile

1. windows update deleted my profile - Similar Threads - update deleted profile

2. Windows updated by itself on sleep mode and deleted my chrome profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updated by itself on sleep mode and deleted my chrome profiles: Returned to my room 20 minutes later to see my computer updating by itself-removed all chrome profiles after my pc went back on, any tips on how i can get them back? this is really frustrating...
  3. Windows updated by itself on sleep mode and deleted my chrome profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updated by itself on sleep mode and deleted my chrome profiles: Returned to my room 20 minutes later to see my computer updating by itself-removed all chrome profiles after my pc went back on, any tips on how i can get them back? this is really frustrating...
  4. Windows updated by itself on sleep mode and deleted my chrome profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE

UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE: I'm not sure if it even was an update to be honest. I opened up my laptop to find a notification to restart, which I did, and then told me to log into my normal user profile. When I did, everything was wiped off of that account. And when I went onto the Windows C drive...
  6. Windows Update Deleted My Main Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update Deleted My Main Profile.: Hey guys. Any type of help would be appreciated. I really hope there is something I can do. So lately, my laptop has been getting a lot of blue screens, so I thought there might be some issues with my drivers. I also decided to update to the latest Windows 10 Version 2004. My...
  7. Windows 10 - delete profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - delete profile: My tech support folks advise me to delete my user profile, to fix a problem with a proprietary app. What does that delete? For example: any data files any non-microsoft apps? will I have to reinstall apps? what about printer settings? network settings? web favorites?...
  8. Updates that delete your profile...

Updates that delete your profile...: There have been a couple of Windows 10 updates that have resulted in the profile being deleted. Does it only cause issues with the profile that installs the update or all profiles on the PC? Could you create a temporary user just for installing updates? If the worse...
  9. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...
  10. Update deleted my profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update deleted my profile: Windows updated and deleted my profile. I have tried everything to stop it from automatically updating but nothing has worked. I can't seem to find any of my documents and I would really like to know if I can restore my profile somehow. I hate windows 10!...