Windows 10: Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files

Discus and support Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was copying my (rather large) visual studio files from one drive to a backup drive. In the middle of the process (I fell asleep as it was late at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files

I was copying my (rather large) visual studio files from one drive to a backup drive.

In the middle of the process (I fell asleep as it was late at night), Windows in their transcendent stupidity, downloaded some idiotic update and restarted the computer.

Previous to that, windows asked me when I want to install the updates. I said, 9AM. Well, the updates started at like 5PM. OK, yes to their stupid updates.

So I worked last night like 7 more hours on my program and then remembered, oh, back it up to my other USB drive. I started that process. Then when I woke up this morning I noticed that the backup was stalled at a file (db something or other, used by....god knows what but not important to my code) asking to try again, etc. I always say skip. Then Windows rebooted yet again for the "update". OK, coffee and news and now I got to that folder and my files are not there. The folder is empty.

A friend of mine is going to try to recover the deleted files.

What a nightmare. I worked maybe 20+ hours on the code and now, nothing.

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

Source: Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

Source: Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files

Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

Source: The Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files

1. Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files - Similar Threads - Update deleted Visual

2. Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022: Dear allwindown defender always delete my file exe created by visual studio 2022i have tried add Exclusions in windown defender but it can't.My visual studio 2022 can't run programhow to through windown defender scan my file.and i have tried turn off windown defender.help...
  3. Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windown defender has deleted my file exe by visual studio 2022: Dear allwindown defender always delete my file exe created by visual studio 2022i have tried add Exclusions in windown defender but it can't.My visual studio 2022 can't run programhow to through windown defender scan my file.and i have tried turn off windown defender.help...
  4. Re: Updating Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Updating Visual Studio: I have Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition installed. There is now a Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition. I want to use the newer version, but I don't know if the newer version will overwrite the 2019 version or install a new version alongside. I prefer to have only one...
  5. Re: Updating Visual Studio

Re: Updating Visual Studio: I have Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition installed. There is now a Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition. I want to use the newer version, but I don't know if the newer version will overwrite the 2019 version or install a new version alongside. I prefer to have only one...
  6. Re: Updating Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files

Windows Update deleted my Visual Studio files: I was copying my (rather large) visual studio files from one drive to a backup drive. In the middle of the process (I fell asleep as it was late at night), Windows in their transcendent stupidity, downloaded some idiotic update and restarted the computer. Previous to that,...
  8. Windows Update - Visual Studio requirement

Windows Update - Visual Studio requirement: I have used Windows10 update assistant 3 times now and Visual Studio still tell me to update to version 10.0.17763.0 or later. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-visual-studio-requirement/d8cd75e3-a0aa-4fbe-a721-6cfda85ee90c
  9. Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information: Yesterday, we covered What’s next for Visual Studio for Mac, and today we’ve updated our Visual Studio Roadmap so you can see the latest news about what we’re working on. We’re particularly excited to share this update since it includes information about the first preview of...
  10. Visual Studio Update 3

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Update 3: June 27, 2016 Today, we are happy to announce the release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. One of the top issues reported in Update 2 was around high memory consumption. We addressed this issue in Update 3 RC, reached out to customers who had reported this issue, and...