Windows 10: Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration

Discus and support Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 8/12/2020 Last night when I shut down, there was a Windows update waiting. This morning, after the updates applied, I have no WiFi. It's not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KReynolds2020, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration

8/12/2020

Last night when I shut down, there was a Windows update waiting. This morning, after the updates applied, I have no WiFi. It's not in Settings. I pressed Windows button + X, clicked the View tab, selected Hidden Devices, there is an exclamation mark on the IntelR-Wireless AC-9560 Driver.

When I open it, on the General tab it says "This device cannot start. Code 10". When I click on the Events tab, it shows the timestamp of the updates being applied this morning and "Configuration null" is listed as the first event before the driver was requested and installed.

I think Microsoft needs to fix this Windows update. I had to cancel a very important meeting with a client. I am now going to try a Network Reset.

:)

KReynolds2020, Aug 12, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I can't thank you enough. I appreciate the time you and others have spent on this. Hmm so my license for 8 would not work for the 8.1 download that I was directed to? I would have wasted time with that? I am still on XP and Win7 machines at the moment and can't stand 8 so I don't mess with 8 machines very often and thus am ignorant to most of it.. At this time I am doing what my previous post has stated and I am going to see if that works. So far it is working which is a shock to me. If it doesn't work out I am going to try your suggestions. I am very thankful for the time you put in helping me. I will report back and let you all know how this turns out.

Tenforo, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration

1. Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration - Similar Threads - update deleted WiFi

2. deleting configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting configuration: I uninstaled an app and install again to solve a config problem but it just back with the same problem and i know its the pc. I deleted all the config folders that i found but the problem stills. i wnna know how to delete the "root" config folder...
  3. deleting configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting configuration: I uninstaled an app and install again to solve a config problem but it just back with the same problem and i know its the pc. I deleted all the config folders that i found but the problem stills. i wnna know how to delete the "root" config folder...
  4. deleting configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Assigned Access - configuring wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assigned Access - configuring wifi: I'm setting up an old Surface as a digital picture frame for my mother. I successfully setup Assigned Access, and Autologin for the Kiosk account. So now as soon as you turn it on, the picture frame app starts. Ya! My issue is that the Kiosk account never connects to WiFi,...
  6. WiFi IP Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi IP Configuration: Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on. This is what happened last time. [img] I tried with this disabled Turn...
  7. Windows 10 update keeps deleting wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update keeps deleting wifi: I have now taken it twice for tech support since last Tuesday. They fixed it, Windows10 did an update and it was gone again. I am not all that tech savvy, but would like to know how to make this stop happening. This is beyond ridiculous. Thanks...
  8. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting...
  9. Configuring Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Configuring Windows Update: I have configured Windows Updates on my Windows 10 Pro system using GPEdit to "Notify before downloading or installing any updates". Unless I am misunderstanding what this really means, it seems to be ignoring this setting. When I check for updates, it automatically starts...
  10. Network configuration broken (WiFi)

Network configuration broken (WiFi): Greetings, I ran into a problem with corrupted network configuration after installing Tamosoft Throughput Test or IVT BlueSoleil. Dunno which one as they were installed in one batch, but after finalizing both setups, the network icon overlayed with the red cross label and...