Windows 10: Windows update deleted sound card

Discus and support Windows update deleted sound card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We had windows do an update it was the preview update in windows 10 it removed everything I got what I needed back except for my sound the speaker has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaryCastlow, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Windows update deleted sound card

We had windows do an update it was the preview update in windows 10 it removed everything I got what I needed back except for my sound the speaker has a red x and when you go to devices it said no device connected, I went to the website and it won't let me load any my pc is a HP Pavilion model 500-037cb , this has not been a good experience, when I signed up to get the preview build I didn't expect this. thanks for any help. This pc was originally windows 8.1 we upgraded to 10 and the insider sent the preview update which caused the issue.

:)

GaryCastlow, Jan 12, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Jan 12, 2020
  3. sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows update deleted sound card

how do i turn on the sound? No sound since updated to Windows 10!

Hello,

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows update deleted sound card

1. Windows update deleted sound card - Similar Threads - update deleted sound

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  4. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  6. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10 and my sound doesnt work. Then I later found out that my sound card doesn’t support windows 10, I looked online for new ones but I couldn’t find any that supported windows 10. What should I do?...
  8. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  9. The sound card on my M81 Lenovo ThinkCentre was deleted by an update to Windows 10.

The sound card on my M81 Lenovo ThinkCentre was deleted by an update to Windows 10.: I have tried dozens of suggested fixes - including buying an external sound card. deleting and reinstalling other audio devices; automatic driver updates software - and got the same suggested fixes and resulting error messages. Anyproven solutions? And would using the new...
  10. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414