Windows 10: Windows update deletes everything

Discus and support Windows update deletes everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is forcing an update every few days and each update results in the deletion of all my documents, pics, settings etc. Extremely aggravating.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DuaneAnderson3, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Windows update deletes everything

Windows 10 is forcing an update every few days and each update results in the deletion of all my documents, pics, settings etc. Extremely aggravating.

How can i resolve this?

I have a software product to recover docs but what I really need is to stop the update process from deleting everything or I need to stop updates.

D

:)

DuaneAnderson3, Nov 1, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 1, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update deletes everything :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

Windows update deletes everything

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows update deletes everything ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows update deletes everything

1. Windows update deletes everything - Similar Threads - update deletes everything

2. Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates: I’m Sure Everyone are tired of Windows and these mind-boggling problems. I can’t update my laptop in fear its going to Factory Reset. Windows likes to Hide your files, Reset your settings, And prevent Apps from working properly. Having history with Windows I assume it’s...
  3. Windows 11 deleted EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 deleted EVERYTHING: I just downloaded windows 11 a few days ago and it worked fine for a few hours until my laptop restarted and now everything is gone. all my files have been deleted, the taskbar is completely empty so i cant access any apps and my settings app has also been deleted so i cant...
  4. EVERYTHING DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVERYTHING DELETED: i accidentally deleted everything from my onedrive and emptied the recycle bin thinking it wouldnt affect my actual files in my computer. Everything is gone now and i cant find the second stage recycle bin to get everything back. Pls assist...
  5. Update KB4591272 Deleted Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4591272 Deleted Everything: I took a short nap while working on school work and when I woke up laptop was in the middle of an update. After it was done everything was deleted. And I mean everything! It’s pretty much like I just turned this laptop on for the first time. Please tell there is something I...
  6. my computer updated and deleted everything

my computer updated and deleted everything: None of my files were backed up and i really need the iles back. I need serious help as these were school documents. is there any way to get my stuff back? if so how...
  7. updates deletes everything

updates deletes everything: Hi I bought my laptop a year ago and every time I install updates I lose EVERYTHING in my DOCUMENTS and DOWNLOADS folders. This is starting to wreck my head! Can you explain to me how to STOP the stupid updates apart from ignoring the message that says 'windows needs to...
  8. Windows update deleted 50% of everything on my pc

Windows update deleted 50% of everything on my pc: Today Windows decided to update itself without warning, and I thought "not a big deal happens all the time". But then. My pc turned on. Only for me to discover that 50% of everything on my pc was gone. No trace of it having ever been there. It changed the layout I had set up...
  9. everything was deleted

everything was deleted: please help me, today i was on my laptop as normal and it was very laggy so i turned it on and off. but then when i logged back in my whole laptop was wiped and i've tried to get everything back but it wont let me as i have a “temporary profile” which i never had before,...
  10. Everything deleted after update, and it continues to delete everything today.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything deleted after update, and it continues to delete everything today.: After the Windows 10 update, everything I had saved to my desktop was gone as were all my settings. Restored files, opened Outlook, Quicken, MS Office, etc., again and recreated accounts, configurations, and files. Do a soft or hard reboot and everything is deleted again....