Windows 10: Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

Discus and support Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, recently my computer got the latest Windows 10 update, it was a feature update. I updated it (keep in mind before I updated it, it worked fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by komaedashoe, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

Hello, recently my computer got the latest Windows 10 update, it was a feature update. I updated it (keep in mind before I updated it, it worked fine. Screen wasn't lagging and games ran fine) After it finished updating, I restarted the computer. The screen is laggy, and games can't even run. (I play ROBLOX, a simple game that ran fine before I updated, it now lags and its unplayable) I checked the graphics card, and it I'm pretty sure it isn't the one I was using before, it said it was requested to be installed on the day I updated it. I'm using a AMD Radeon HD 8370D graphics card. I also wiped my entire computer since I was panicking. Is there any way to fix this? What should I do about the graphics card? Why did the update switch my good graphics card to a crappy one? (From what I know) Someone please help me, thank you!

:)

komaedashoe, Apr 4, 2019

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2019
  3. musek Win User
    ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Apr 4, 2019
  4. mlee49 Win User

Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

1. Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one? - Similar Threads - Update deletes old

2. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD drivers replaced by windows update: Hi,I' m having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keep-disabling-my-amd-drivers/4800d7dc-4d7a-4e32-a9fb-c735c4e572faIt´s been more than a year. Is there a permanent fix for this?TIA...
  3. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD drivers replaced by windows update: Hi,I' m having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keep-disabling-my-amd-drivers/4800d7dc-4d7a-4e32-a9fb-c735c4e572faIt´s been more than a year. Is there a permanent fix for this?TIA...
  4. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  6. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  7. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  9. Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10: Presently, I am in a possession of Fujitsu Lifebook T4310 Tablet PC, which I purchased in 2010. Microsoft has notified that they will discontinue with Windows 7 from January 2020. So I have been told to upgrade to a new Laptop which has windows 10. I would like to upgrade...
  10. Can't delete bad mouse driver

Can't delete bad mouse driver: I keep deleting the outdated driver, but every time I restart or the PC goes to sleep it gets reinstalled. Apparently, this is an intentional "convenience" that had me redoing the delete in various ways about 30x. The extra driver makes the PC almost unusable, causing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are drivers deletes when windows is reinstalled