Windows 10: WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS

Discus and support WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WINDOWS UPDATED OVERNIGHT AND ALL MY FOLDERS HAVE DISAPPEARED/DELETED PLEASE HELP NEED TO RETRIEVE THEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenNaidoo, Aug 1, 2020.

1. KenNaidoo Win User

WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS

WINDOWS UPDATED OVERNIGHT AND ALL MY FOLDERS HAVE DISAPPEARED/DELETED

PLEASE HELP NEED TO RETRIEVE THEM

:)

KenNaidoo, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 1, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS - Similar Threads - UPDATE DELETING FOLDERS

2. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  3. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  4. Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop: So today 30/11/2020 to 01/12/2020 after I updated my Windows I checked that all my Desktop folders and shortcuts (except some) were completly gone and wiped of my computer. All the apps are still there. Tried to reverse the update didn't help. Anything more I can do, or all...
  5. ALL FILES in my user folder DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL FILES in my user folder DELETED: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  6. Windows delete all my text and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows delete all my text and folders: One day out of blue my text files and folders on my desktop disappear and I am unable to find them. Also, I am unable to access some of my file as the computer said I do find access to files. Version 1809 (OS Build 17763. 1158) DxDiag.txt 155553
  7. ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED: All my files and folders have been deleted on my PC and whenever I save a document, it gets deleted when I switch off the PC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-and-folders-deleted/c18ae88f-af6d-4b28-a521-0f1168f0f6de"
  8. Windows update deleted all of my documents

Windows update deleted all of my documents: How do I get my documents back? All of my office, photos, music everything is gone, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-of-my-documents/58ec1a7d-83eb-4c52-a3c0-6aa31730ac33
  9. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...
  10. All my folders and files are suddenly deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    All my folders and files are suddenly deleted: Those files that got deleted were so important especially for my sister , please guys, help me , im literally crying for hours searching for the solution. I shutted down my laptop early this morning after installing programs (Utility Programs) which i know does not affect or...