Windows 10: windows update deleting all of history

Discus and support windows update deleting all of history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update that ran automatically this morning deleted ALL of my update history. Contacted Help and the person I was working with was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MAPhillips54, Mar 2, 2019.

1. windows update deleting all of history

Windows update that ran automatically this morning deleted ALL of my update history. Contacted Help and the person I was working with was trying to help me find the lost data. Has anyone else had this problem? What are the ramifications? It was there at 9:52 a.m. (I checked) and it was gone after the system rebooted!

:)

MAPhillips54, Mar 2, 2019

2. Delete History

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?

2. Are you referring items in the Address Bar drop-down list?

3. When trying to delete the History, did you uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data"?

Please follow the below steps on How to delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer 11.

• In Internet Explorer, press CTRL+ SHIFT + DEL keys together on your keyboard to display the
      Delete Browsing History dialog
    • Check the box next to History.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Mr Ed Win User

windows update deleting all of history

Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. windows update deleting all of history :)

Mr Ed, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

windows update deleting all of history

1. windows update deleting all of history - Similar Threads - update deleting history

2. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  3. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not delete history in Windows Defender

Not delete history in Windows Defender: Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which says:Protected memory access...
  6. Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200: So I was trying to fix a File History 200 error with the configuration file and suddenly Windows deleted all File History versions which Is store on a internal HDD (not the one used for my OS installation. Is there anyway to get my old versions back? Windows just decided to...
  7. delete browser history

delete browser history: I want to clear my browser history but don't have the tabs the instructions say to follow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-browser-history/a2936685-8fa9-48f6-a130-9883258484ba
  8. All Windows Update History Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Windows Update History Lost: Currently on windows 10 x64 (1809) 17763.504 . Following the update installed on May 20th 2019 (KB4505056), all my windows update history has been deleted. Im guessing this is not expected . Anyone else have the same issue ?? [ATTACH]...
  9. Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history: For whatever reason, I have a bunch of "failed" updates listed under the WU history. They were all cumulative updates for various months. I've done a malware scan, system file check and DISM, all of which were clean. All cumulative updates have successfully installed the...
  10. Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History: I've disabled automatic updates (drivers, Win updates) by making changes to Win 10. Now every entry in Update History is listed as a failed update. Of course, no update has failed; I don't want to install them yet. Is there a way to delete failed update entries? 40662