Windows 10: windows update desktop screen icons

Discus and support windows update desktop screen icons in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After the last Windows update today all of these icons shown in the screen suddenly appeared & I can’t delete them or do anything with them. I can’t do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by oldyeller38, Oct 10, 2018.

1. windows update desktop screen icons

After the last Windows update today all of these icons shown in the screen suddenly appeared & I can’t
    delete them or do anything with them. I can’t do a system restore as no restore points are showing. I did the restore about 3 or 4 month’s ago but they don’t show up now.
    When I click the file explorer on the taskbar I can see the screen captures from clicking the desktop shown in the left side navigation pane, but they don’t show on my desktop monitor screen.

:)

oldyeller38, Oct 10, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

windows update desktop screen icons

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

windows update desktop screen icons

1. windows update desktop screen icons - Similar Threads - update desktop screen

2. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  3. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  4. Update Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Desktop Icon: Hello, After a windows update an Icon appears on my desktop. Can these Icons be deleted without losing the update fix? They read: desktop.ini I have deleted them in the past, however, I'm now getting a warning not to delete. Can they be hidden? Rob...
  5. desktop icons move on the 2 screens?

desktop icons move on the 2 screens?: Is there a way to fix the icons on the desktop of Windows 10 or something like that desktop icons verschieben sich auf den 2 bildschirme?
  6. Desktop Icon at top of screen

Desktop Icon at top of screen: For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing the size, toggling on...
  7. Desktop Icons and screen orientation

Desktop Icons and screen orientation: Yesterday morning, turned my comp on, entered password and everything was fine. Later in the afternoon woke comp up and all desktop icons were small. And my screensaver pix seemed longer and squashed. Any website I go to is the same. How can I fix these and get my comp back...
  8. Desktop icons on multiple screens

Desktop icons on multiple screens: I have 3 monitors. One is designated as my Home monitor. When I save items to my desktop they may go to any of the three monitors (not all 3 just 1) I would like to keep them coraled and on only 1 screen. How can I do that and how can I get all of the existing ones onto a...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop Icons Swapping Screens

Windows 10 Desktop Icons Swapping Screens: I'm having issues with some of my users icons swapping from one screen to another when the log on to a different computer on our network. We are running dual screens for all users, they have desktop icons and shortcuts that they have specifically on the right or the left...
  10. windows update changed desktop icons

windows update changed desktop icons: Update changed the desktop icon sizes and arrangement, how can I return them to previous views? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-update-changed-desktop-icons/777e250b-b3c5-4903-b316-f7efd57f3303

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window update screen icon display