Windows 10: Windows Update Destroyed My Audio

Discus and support Windows Update Destroyed My Audio in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm so upset. I have the current audio drivers for my computer, so the suggestion to update my drivers hasn't solved the problem. This is not cool, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TLynnSmith3563, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows Update Destroyed My Audio

I'm so upset. I have the current audio drivers for my computer, so the suggestion to update my drivers hasn't solved the problem. This is not cool, and it's a problem that hasn't been fixed, which is why I had to uninstall this update the FIRST time and go back to an earlier update. Unfortunately, Microsoft is not supporting the earlier Windows 10 version, so I had to update yesterday and I'm back to crappy-to-no sound.

Does Microsoft feel any urgency to fix this issue,?

:)

TLynnSmith3563, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows Update Destroyed My Audio

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Destroyed My Audio

1. Windows Update Destroyed My Audio - Similar Threads - Update Destroyed Audio

2. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  3. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  4. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio: Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green and that all is well and current. My music and films/audio play just fine. There is one problem, all of the Windows sounds...
  6. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio: Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green and that all is well and current. My music and films/audio play just fine. There is one problem, all of the Windows sounds...
  7. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows update destroyed my computer

Windows update destroyed my computer: I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete...
  9. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  10. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....