Windows 10: Windows update destroyed my computer

Discus and support Windows update destroyed my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanChandler2, May 13, 2020.

1. Windows update destroyed my computer

I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete everything and re install Windows 10! It is no big deal! I have spent countless hours trying to fix this. In over 20 years not one Apple update has caused me this problem...not one.

:)

JonathanChandler2, May 13, 2020
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, May 13, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update destroyed my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 13, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update destroyed my computer

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows update destroyed my computer

1. Windows update destroyed my computer - Similar Threads - update destroyed computer

2. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  3. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  4. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  6. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  7. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  8. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer: After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying...
  9. Creators update 2018 destroyed my computer

Creators update 2018 destroyed my computer: I started noticing constant freezing and crashes after the last big update, I think it was Creators' Fall. I reinstalled win10 and still my Disk is 100% used, my computer lags with only firefox and spotify opened. And of course, the occasional crashes... my computer didn't...
  10. last update destroyed my computer

last update destroyed my computer: I do not use my HP all in one computer very much when I attempted to pay my bills last month it down loaded the latest up dates. it has not worked properly since I was directed to reload Windows 10 by going online to Microsoft . when I done this I received error msg...